Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preferred way of posting questions...New Topic or Single Build Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred way of posting questions...New Topic or Single Build Thread?

As I have picked up steam on my projects, I have posted several questions over the last few months. These have all been as "new topics". I figured if might be best for future users to find search results easier and/or quicker by doing that. I have had one on Indian Springs, Seats, etc. Now that I am getting into the nitty gritty of every part of my bike, and ready to start mocking, I am finding more questions that I want to post. Is it better/preferred to keep going with separate "new" topics on a particular part? Or would it be better to have a single "build" thread that touches on any and all parts that I happen to be working on and need to ask about? The only problem that I see with a single thread is that the discussion could bounce around quite a bit depending on the issue or question at hand. But it sure would make it easier for me keeping it all in one thread for reference.

Just my opinion but if a single "build" thread is better for You go that route.
    Documentation is great but time spent "turning wrenches" takes precedents as long as there is a plan & one is proceeding w knowledge and caution.
    Just my opinion.

Comment

What if you need an answer soon, RMS?...

But those with the answer are not following long twisting threads?

And for posterity, its easier for all to use the search box if there's good key words in the topic.

....Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-03-2022, 02:34 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        What if you need an answer soon, RMS?...

But those with the answer are not following long twisting threads?

And for posterity, its easier for all to use the search box if there's good key words in the topic.

....Cotten
        I agree. I really enjoy following build threads, but I'd rather have the questions as separate posts with a good description/keyword in the title.

Comment

Long build threads are fine and a good source of info. And just clicking the "latest activity" box gets you the most current info on any thread or individual forum..
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

On other forums, I do build threads, but any particularly vexing question gets its own thread for more exposure.
            AMCA #41287
            1971 Sprint SS350 project
            1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
            1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
            1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
            96" Evo Softail self built chopper
            2012 103" Road King "per diem"
            plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Appreciate all the input. I will continue with individual posts for specifics, and when I get ready to start mocking up, I will start a thread for that and refer back to discussions from there.

Comment

Working...
              X