Like???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post

Looking at recent page of posts it seems no one has used it,so I think the like feature for this site is one of those useless bells and whistles.
    If things are still being tweeked how about putting a "last" at the top of the sticky old photos thread instead of having to find it on the bottom.
    BTW like the way photos appear now.
    Tom
    A last feature would be good. I'll ask to see if its an available upgrade.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

A last feature would be good. I'll ask to see if its an available upgrade.

Mike Love
      I would very much like a last feature as well.

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

The like is directly associated with the reputation feature...
      I'm not a fan of the new "Like" feature either, especially if it is only used to build a "reputation". I'm happy to use my own judgement to determine what someone's reputation should be on this forum.

Overall I'm quite happy with the new look and improvements to the forum. Thanks to all who administer and contribute to it!
      Eric Olson
      Membership #18488

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        I think the the simple 'smile' emoji is essential on a forum because some people have no sense of humor, and some people have very weird, or easily misunderstood humor. Emojis are goofy, and childish, but so are a lot of adults.
        Thank you, I fall into that category quite nicely. As an easily misunderstood, misinterpreted and generally inclined toward sarcastic and dry humor type of guy, I must agree. And, since I started this thread I must say I started the thing well into happy hour but short of stupid hour.
        Your comment, Sir, has earned you my first "Like". Most likely the last as well.
        Cheers!
        PS: I hate Emojis
        Last edited by Hack; 12-07-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

That is so funny, Hack. I also get this strange impulse to write stuff here during 'happy hour' and I have had to apologize to fellow members for not understanding their sense of humor and I hope they have forgiven me for some of the thoughtless comments I have made in reply. . . Unless they called me an assho!e.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

I consider myself anti social but when you put time money and work into a project and the fact that you have saved something from the junk heap and your stoped at stop light or going down the road and someone you don't know puts there thumb out the window, that kinda makes ya feel good but then you make sure they haven't followed you home so they can steal it that also makes you kinda feel something. I became a member of the AMCA so I could ask questions if I needed help or if someone needed help or find a part or support because of the old saying two heads are better than one but with the amount of heads on this forum anything can made to work/run again and go down the road this is a dying bread. LIKE. NO. LIKE. ???? I don't care Got to have thick skin!

silver65

Comment

I don't hate the 'LIKE' thing because there are topics where that can be useful, but as Hack said, it's too social media. On the old forum format there was the option of a POLL and members could vote yes, or no on various questions. I think that was more direct because the questions were succinctly worded: such as: Do you think our AMCA meets should be open to vendors selling arts, crafts, and yard sale items?
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

I have only been to the march sunshine meet a couple of times and will go there this year, Motorcycles and parts and food is good enough and of course the judging contest is what it's all about. Don't know if you were asking for my option on that question or not but their it is. Are members only allowed to set up a table and sell parts and motorcycles ?

Comment

I was just citing an example, but in regards to that hypothetical question; Only motorcycles, and parts that are 35 years and older are allowed at AMCA meets.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                  X