Three Stolen Antique Bikes, LA/SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Stolen Antique Bikes, LA/SoCal

I'm posting this here rather than above as it may get read more. Chuck Vogel called me a little while ago to tell me Richard Morris, aka "Rotten Richard", had three bikes stolen from his building this a.m in Gardinia. It is believed the thief is not an antique m/c guy so he may likely try to peddle them for whatever he can get. The bikes are not run of the mill, 1916 Henderson and 1916 Reading Standard, both beautiful restorations, and a partially restored 1920 Excelsior. If anyone hears about one of these bikes suddenly for sale, please call Richard at (310) 628-4249 or Chuck at (310) 613-3602.

Obviously this sucks for Richard and its a terrible way to start the New Year.

Steve Ciccalone

A little additional info. The '16 Hen is dark blue, the '16 RS is brown and cream and the '20 X is olive green. The X does not have a motor. Richard can't find the motor numbers at this point.

Comment

This just bloody stinks!!! With any luck he just trys to flog them and hopefully it's to someone in the antique circle who can get these bikes back to Richard. I hope the jerk gets what he deserves!!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

There are now 10,000 of us on the look-out...........

Comment

Tom, all ya got to do is start cleaning out the prisons one round at a time. Worked very well over the leangth of history! Bob
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Dam, I am sorry to hear that - we will keep our eye's open.

Comment

Remember what used to happen to horse thieves?
              Mike

Comment

It is very disturbing to hear of these thefts. Hopefully the persons responsible will be caught rapidly. Dilligence and constant contact with the investigator in charge of the thefts here in N.Y. along with the help of many A.M.C.A. members is what led to recovery of most of one bike. Never give up and be in constant contact with the investigator. The advantage we have as a club to help Richard is the fact that we are a relativly small community with contacts thruout the globe. This should help in recovery.
                D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Will keep an eye out for it in case they turn up in other parts of the world like Europe. Seems we need to establish a posse to deal out the law these days as the so called law in the UK has become impotent, criminals have more rights than victims.
                  May we find the bikes and the culprit soon!!!
                  Michael Voice
                  Membership Number 10556

Comment

1916 Henderson and 1916 Reading Standard, both beautiful restorations, and a partially restored 1920 Excelsior. Sadlt Richard doesn't have them titled and doesn't know the serial numbers. If they were entered in an AMCA meet would the club have the numbers?
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                      1916 Henderson and 1916 Reading Standard, both beautiful restorations, and a partially restored 1920 Excelsior. Sadlt Richard doesn't have them titled and doesn't know the serial numbers. If they were entered in an AMCA meet would the club have the numbers?
                      Chris
                      he contacted me on Sunday, and I gave him the serial numbers.
                      now we should enforce the law like they do elswhere in the world, you steal you lose your hands!!!!!
                      Kevin Valentine 13
                      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Has there been any luck in recovering these bikes???
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Not that I know of and I know more than I wish I did. I have some scum bag neighbor's - lest I always thought they were. Turns out I was right, they were envolved and know who has, or where they are - but. Can't seem to do anything about it, told the cop's - but they want photo's + more. Was trying to help but something happend and the guy's stopped talking and went underground - who knows now? I have put lot's more locks on everything I own, cause those same scumbags know all my stuff. Catch em in my back yard and they will take bullet riddled corpeses out of here. The old neighborhood aint what it used to be - dang it. Was on my Scout a while back at a light and this car pulls up, bunch of big black dudes - music blairing. Just stairing at me, dude turns the music off and says to me. You've got balls the size of a bus riding that machine around here on these street's. I laughed, but it kind of bothered me later. This is my home town, but things have changed alot in 50 years!!!! Lot's of good folks in L.A. - but a bunch of scum bags too! Thinking about carrying a gun when out on my old cycles or cars, just thinking about it so far though. Cops advise - dont do it and you would not have time to use it anyways, but I dont know? Richard came by for a vissit on a 1920 Reading Standard - beautiful ! and he seems to be doing well, no new news though on the machines that were taken.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the neighborhood Tom.... makes me kind of glad I live in the boondocks.... hopefully you don't encounter any problems and Richard gets his bikes back.
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Tom, on the thought about carring a gun, would it not be better to be Tried byTwelve than Carried by Six? Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X