Announcement

Collapse

Upgrade complete

The AMCA forum underwent a significant version upgrade on November 28, 2020. While all posts and content were migrated during the upgrade process, please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page if you discover any lost functionality or missing content. Thank you.
See more
See less

3 stolen indian chief motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 stolen indian chief motorcycles

On Friday July 20, 2018 in BURNABY, B.C. CANADA three Indian Chief motorcycles were stolen from a garage at a private residence.

- 1947 Chief that is yellow and complete.

- 1951 Chief that is black and had the motor out of it. The motor was taken as well.

- 1948 Chief that is blue, complete and has a H-D telescopic front end with a Chief front fender.

This is posted for someone I know who did not have motor and frame serial numbers immediately at hand and has owned these for many years.
    If you have any information contact Jake - 604-328-1757 (cell) or 604-814-0464
    or BURNABY R.C.M.P. at 604-646-9999 or 604-646-9533

Originally posted by jcrawford View Post
    On Friday July 20, 2018 in BURNABY, B.C. CANADA three Indian Chief motorcycles were stolen from a garage at a private residence.

- 1947 Chief that is yellow and complete.

- 1951 Chief that is black and had the motor out of it. The motor was taken as well.

- 1948 Chief that is blue, complete and has a H-D telescopic front end with a Chief front fender.

This is posted for someone I know who did not have motor and frame serial numbers immediately at hand and has owned these for many years.
    If you have any information contact Jake - 604-328-1757 (cell) or 604-814-0464
    or BURNABY R.C.M.P. at 604-646-9999 or 604-646-9533
    A note in the Sept. CVMG News indicates that these 3 Indians have been recovered.
    AFJ

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
      A note in the Sept. CVMG News indicates that these 3 Indians have been recovered.
      AFJ

That's good news.

Mike Love

Comment

Yes it is good news and thanks to all on this Forum and elsewhere who were concerned. Fortunately, they didn't get too far away before being found.

Comment

That is good to hear.
          I know what that's like. Had one stolen from me and never recovered.
          AMCA #765

Comment

That truly is good news.

Comment

I had a dream a few nights ago in which all of my bikes, except one, were stolen. The one bike that was left was a Four, but the thieves took the motor, and left the chassis. It was one of those dreams where I left the garage door open to run a 5 minute errand at the store. It was so realistic, it woke me up in a panic to check the garage door. If I ever do get robbed, I've had an inkling of how it's going to feel. . . I'm glad our Canadian brother got his bikes back.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

great news

Comment

I kill a lot of people in my dreams..
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                    That's good news.

Mike Love
                    Thats good to hear....You know i wonder if they make some sort of tiny GPS tracking devices one could hide on bike, with the values going thru the roof, i think it would be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by brettxlch View Post
                      Thats good to hear....You know i wonder if they make some sort of tiny GPS tracking devices one could hide on bike, with the values going thru the roof, i think it would be worth it.
                      They do make such a device, you can track via a phone app. I've never used one but others have; maybe they will chime in with their thoughts.
                      AMCA # 3233

Comment

I tried the crowd source tags and app a year ago when my parts collection was getting pilfered by a local thief. It wasn’t successful, maybe because I am in Canada and it requires lots of users to work, maybe it’s just crap ( my suspicion) The little tags kept giving me updates that my part had shown up at my office, a place it had never been to. The tagged part wasn’t taken and was still in my garage, hadn’t moved.

Craig

Comment

As Bob Luland said earlier, the thieves are probably carrying guns, and they're not Rhodes scholars if they've chosen stealing as a career. The police are the only alternative, but where most of us live, the police are quite busy. I believe an ounce of prevention will save a ton of misery, money, and anxiety. Good doors, good locks, and good neighbors.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                            As Bob Luland said earlier, the thieves are probably carrying guns, and they're not Rhodes scholars if they've chosen stealing as a career. The police are the only alternative, but where most of us live, the police are quite busy. I believe an ounce of prevention will save a ton of misery, money, and anxiety. Good doors, good locks, and good neighbors.
                            Very true.

Comment

Working...
                            X