Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen Knuckle Motor! Anyone who has dealt with Creekside Welding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Knuckle Motor! Anyone who has dealt with Creekside Welding!

OK all you old bike guys. We've all had guys show up at our houses, shops, a local bar, etc. when a guy came in trying to sell stuff. Bikes, parts, guns, watches, whatever. My dear friend, the late Tommy Shaw from Creekside Welding has been robbed. His daughter called me today and her dad's shop was robbed. The biggest item taken was a 47 Knuckle motor. It's super shiny pretty, with black cases. chrome goodies, and all the gaskets painted RED. That's what Tommy liked. This motor was in his chop he built and got wrecked on before he built his last bike, a shovel chop. If any of you did business with Tommy, you know what a great, but slightly odd, dude he was. If anyone comes around trying to sell a Knuckle motor, please let me know ASAP! Names, phone #'s, license plate #'s, ANYTHING! I will personally pay a reward or something. PM me here or email me at double_d999@sbcglobal.net
    I've put the word out to all the locals, local law enforcement, local clubs, and anyone I know who deals with bikes. Thanks guys!

DD

Got a VIN, DD?

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Sorry to hear of their loss. Usually the thieves are acquaintances or at least are known to the victims. I will keep an eye out for things. As Cotton said pictures and vin sure would help.

Jerry

Comment

Tom's shop was in McHenry, Illinois so anyone in that area please keep your eyes and ears open.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Cotten,
          I have the VIN. If you want to email me at double_d999@sbcglobal.net I will pass it on. Thanks fellas!

DD

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
            Cotten,
            I have the VIN. If you want to email me at double_d999@sbcglobal.net I will pass it on. Thanks fellas!

DD
            Dear Double D!

Although I am in Illinois, it is still far better to pass it on here.
            (Got little traffic in my little river town.. whew...)

If the authorities have been notified, there should be little concern to display it here,.. hope its got 'paper'.

Let us hope that it is recovered, and will suffer no more than more provenance.

....Cotten
            PS: Only knew Mr. Creekside on the phone for a second, and he wouldn't even consider welding a potmetal Schebler.

A wise man.
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-14-2018, 04:56 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Maybe this is obvious to everyone, but I'd watch ebay and CL. My guess is they will part it out. Someone unknown with more than one knuck part listed would be suspicious to me.

Rob
              Regards,
              Rob Sigond
              AMCA # 1811

Comment

Working...
              X