3 Indians in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Indians in Oklahoma

Ran across this plea for help on three missing bikes in OK.
    http://joplin.craigslist.org/mcy/2510922004.html
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Believe two of those bikes might be on e bay right now, check it there in wash

Comment

Wow, wonder what the story is there? The Ebay seller didn't even know what years the two bikes were, listed one as a 1948 then corrected it to 1947, and the other one he listed as a 1939 then corrected it to 1936.... after he made the corrections then the two bikes match the years of the reported stolen bikes! Very weird that one guy reports them stolen and another brazenly lists them on Ebay. But they're still listed today.

I hate Ebay.

Comment

I hate Ebay.
        Too bad, because for some of us it is about the only option. When every meet is at least 1000 miles away it is tough financially as well as time wise to even attempt to make one in today's economy. eBay is right there. Knowledge and caution are key, but to hate eBay is the same as me saying I hate Davenport.
        eBay does not create criminals, they just abuse it!
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
          Too bad, because for some of us it is about the only option. When every meet is at least 1000 miles away it is tough financially as well as time wise to even attempt to make one in today's economy. eBay is right there. Knowledge and caution are key, but to hate eBay is the same as me saying I hate Davenport.
          eBay does not create criminals, they just abuse it!
          Robbie
          I'm with you there Robbie. I live on an island in western Canada so my options are quite limited, and E-Bay has been my best source by far.

Comment

Has anyone alerted the poster on craigslist?? If not, maybe someone should before they are taken off.
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I sent a response to the email address in the CL listing on Monday, with links to the 2 eBay items. I didn't get a response, bu this morning I see that the auctions were ended because the items are no longer available. I hope the original owner somehow was able to follow up.

dkgox
              Dave

Comment

I tried to contact the guy, with no luck. Hope someone got a heads up and is on it. E bay is growing on me and I am paying for it :-) But it has good points as you guys have stated and its allot easier than gitting in my 47 two ton coe and trying to drive to far off swap's - where I cant usually afford anything anyways. Hope they git those machines back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                  to hate eBay is the same as me saying I hate Davenport.
                  Robbie
                  No, it isn't. I use Ebay but that doesn't mean I have to like Ebay. Glad you like it, it does have a place.

I just learned that the the Scout was confiscated by the police and the '47 Chief as well. But serial numbers are a problem on the '47 Chief so the owner is having difficulty proving ownership, not a problem with the Scout.

The older bike, a 1929 Grey/Teal & Black Indian Chief, is still missing.
                  Last edited by pisten-bully; 07-29-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Right on!! thanks for the update, hope he gits em all back!

Comment

Good news, dilligence pays off, keep us updated. If he has a few witnesses to his ownership and notarized statements and possibly the previous owner statement, he will have an easier time.
                      Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 08-02-2011, 06:59 AM.
                      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
                      X