Wauseon 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon 2024

Hi all. Just figured I would make a little Wauseon 2024 post on here. This is our 41'st meet. We are celebrating the "Sportster" this year. Feel Free to display your sportster in the display field across from registration on Friday. It is also west of the main food vendor location if you are unsure. Thank you all who attend! The people who attend are what make this meet so great. I would say the only big thing that has changed this year is the vendor entry road. The gate by the silos that has been used for years will be closed. This year and into the future we will be utilizing the back gate I like to call it. It is actually called "Gate J" by the fairgrounds and is located at the west end of the grounds. This only applies to vendors and campers. General meet attendees nothing is changing for. Below is the map of how this will work. I made this map to make it easy to understand and lets admit, most don't read their vendor packet. This was mailed with all vendor packets if you didn't open yours yet. There will be signs posted and please follow them. The ideal entry will be going past the fairgrounds to "Road J" and driving past the silos like the yellow arrow indicates. We are going to utilize the roads behind the grounds. This gives us over a mile and half line on a cinder road. No one will be in grass and also no one will be able to cut the line. When the gate opens Wednesday nigh the line moves fast. This will also keep traffic from backing up on the road and the general parking lot not a mess for non vendors or folks just parking a vehicle outside the fenced grounds. If you do not have your vendor pass properly applied to your windshield on the outside or not where you are supposed that is where the red arrow line will lead you back out to route 108. Remember Wednesday night early entry is $20 and optional as it says it in your vendor packet. This is the 3ed year we are doing it this way. I personally have worked this gate since we started it. You always get a few people to use some choice words while we as volunteers bring you in and take $20. Let me explain this and hopefully others will share this in a positive tone instead of negative like everyone tends to do on the internet. This $20 is optional. Wait till Thursday to come in if it bothers you or you need to save the money. This $20 is per vendor, not vendor space.($20 if you set up on 1 spot or 3). This is actually used to save vendors overall money by not increasing vendor space cost as a whole. If you attend other AMCA meets they are all more than Wauseon. Instead of raising our spots to $65 or $75 like most meets have we held tight at $50. Cost of the meet to run over the last several years just like gas and food has gone up a bunch. We pay a lot to have bathrooms cleaned, trash picked up, judging awards, a band Saturday night, programs printed, portable toilettes delivered, the fairgrounds in general to rent is not cheap, and not to mention the National AMCA getting their guarantee no matter rain or shine of $20 per vendor space. This $20 is not in any way to be greedy. It it to make sure we cover expenses without increasing vendor fees as a whole like everyone else has. Hope that makes sense to everyone. Read it again if you don't understand this was actually done to save vendors as a whole money. We love our vendors and want them to be as happy as we can make them. Remember to preregister for next year at the meet. Registration is with the mech and t-shirts across from the display field as shown on this map as well. Racing Friday, Judging Saturday morning. Banquet Saturday night (tickets for sale at registration as well). Nothing much has changed. feel free to look me up in your roster or I can try to answer questions here as well. vending spot 418,419 if you have questions, idea, concerns, or want to volunteer. (I am also one of the Notaries on site if you need that service)

Attached Files
    Last edited by BillyBalcer; 06-29-2024, 08:50 AM.

Thanks Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBalcer View Post
      Hi all. Just figured I would make a little Wauseon 2024 post on here. This is our 41'st meet. We are celebrating the "Sportster" this year. Feel Free to display your sportster in the display field across from registration on Friday. It is also west of the main food vendor location if you are unsure. Thank you all who attend! The people who attend are what make this meet so great. I would say the only big thing that has changed this year is the vendor entry road. The gate by the silos that has been used for years will be closed. This year and into the future we will be utilizing the back gate I like to call it. It is actually called "Gate J" by the fairgrounds and is located at the west end of the grounds. This only applies to vendors and campers. General meet attendees nothing is changing for. Below is the map of how this will work. I made this map to make it easy to understand and lets admit, most don't read their vendor packet. This was mailed with all vendor packets if you didn't open yours yet. There will be signs posted and please follow them. The ideal entry will be going past the fairgrounds to "Road J" and driving past the silos like the yellow arrow indicates. We are going to utilize the roads behind the grounds. This gives us over a mile and half line on a cinder road. No one will be in grass and also no one will be able to cut the line. When the gate opens Wednesday nigh the line moves fast. This will also keep traffic from backing up on the road and the general parking lot not a mess for non vendors or folks just parking a vehicle outside the fenced grounds. If you do not have your vendor pass properly applied to your windshield on the outside or not where you are supposed that is where the red arrow line will lead you back out to route 108. Remember Wednesday night early entry is $20 and optional as it says it in your vendor packet. This is the 3ed year we are doing it this way. I personally have worked this gate since we started it. You always get a few people to use some choice words while we as volunteers bring you in and take $20. Let me explain this and hopefully others will share this in a positive tone instead of negative like everyone tends to do on the internet. This $20 is optional. Wait till Thursday to come in if it bothers you or you need to save the money. This $20 is per vendor, not vendor space.($20 if you set up on 1 spot or 3). This is actually used to save vendors overall money by not increasing vendor space cost as a whole. If you attend other AMCA meets they are all more than Wauseon. Instead of raising our spots to $65 or $75 like most meets have we held tight at $50. Cost of the meet to run over the last several years just like gas and food has gone up a bunch. We pay a lot to have bathrooms cleaned, trash picked up, judging awards, a band Saturday night, programs printed, portable toilettes delivered, the fairgrounds in general to rent is not cheap, and not to mention the National AMCA getting their guarantee no matter rain or shine of $20 per vendor space. This $20 is not in any way to be greedy. It it to make sure we cover expenses without increasing vendor fees as a whole like everyone else has. Hope that makes sense to everyone. Read it again if you don't understand this was actually done to save vendors as a whole money. We love our vendors and want them to be as happy as we can make them. Remember to preregister for next year at the meet. Registration is with the mech and t-shirts across from the display field as shown on this map as well. Racing Friday, Judging Saturday morning. Banquet Saturday night (tickets for sale at registration as well). Nothing much has changed. feel free to look me up in your roster or I can try to answer questions here as well. vending spot 418,419 if you have questions, idea, concerns, or want to volunteer. (I am also one of the Notaries on site if you need that service)

There is nothing in that attached file.

Comment

Originally posted by gitguy View Post

There is nothing in that attached file.
        vendor road.jpg 2024 WAUSEON AD HALF PAGE-web.png

Comment

Thank You Bill for the information on Wauseon 2024. Do you happen to have any information on the Golf Cart Rental company at Wauseon. I need a phone contact for a reservation, or just the outfits name.

Thank you Bill.

*M.A.D.*
          Last edited by JoJo357; 07-04-2024, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
            Thank You Bill for the information on Wauseon 2024. Do you happen to have any information on the Golf Cart Rental company at Wauseon. I need a phone contact for a reservation, or just the outfits name.

Thank you Bill.

*M.A.D.*
            here is a link to their website...

http://richardsrepair.co/

Billy Balcer
            Strange Bird MFG.
            Lake Erie Chapter - President
            AMCA #4040

Comment

Working...
            X