No announcement yet.

Davenport 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting, looks like a great time.

Comment

Great pics. Thanks. Does anyone have a number for that red 42 Knucklehead?

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures Eric. Really enjoy seeing these, need to plan to attend this next year!

Comment

Great Pictures Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thank You Eric. It looks like most of the country had a Beautiful Weekend.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

It was indeed beautiful, Folks!

Brisk mornings, and so was the activity; Serious people knew where to go and what they wanted.

Took many pics (of carbs, sorry).

Everything was fine until they locked the grandstand restrooms for the races,... all night. Even the midnight cop was surprised. Major inconvenience.

....Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-06-2023, 09:00 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by Jdiesel25 View Post
                Great pics. Thanks. Does anyone have a number for that red 42 Knucklehead?
                I didn't see a phone number in my pics, but he had other bikes for sale so maybe someone will recognize this flathead and who owns it?

20230831_134939.jpg
                Eric Olson
                Membership #18488

Comment

I also had to stop and ask about this motor. Shovelhead bottom end, with an early generator right side case and a later model left case. Also had Panheads and cylinders, with mock shovel covers on top. Caught my attention for sure.

20230831_111334.jpg

20230831_111410.jpg

20230831_111529.jpg
                  Eric Olson
                  Membership #18488

Comment

Originally posted by EricOlson View Post
                    ...I also had to stop and ask about this motor...
                    Judging would make sense, I guess, Eric,..

If they gave out ugly awards. That's a contender.

Back to topic, the tap water was surprisingly horrible, and the UFOs flying in formation turned out to be white pigeons in the stadium lights.

It was good to greet so many old friends who travel overseas to attend. I couldn't get through the winter without their patronage.

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776

Comment

Mighty fine, Mighty Fine Eric. Great photos. Thank you for posting.
                      Jason Zerbini
                      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Other things I learned this year, Folks,...

No need to print more cards; Everybody just takes one of them phone pics anyway.

"Silent" bicycles suffer in the busy meet traffic, as golf carts with no brakelights, signals, or mirrors pose an even worse threat than the aimless and erratic pedestrians. (Miss my 'ching-ching' bell. New ones are junk.) Next year I shall choose a more comfortable girl's bike, with a coaster brake I can 'bark'.

Young kids on scooters were no problem, other than for the kid on his dad's lap as he failed to negotiate the turn on the promenade in front of my booth. Dad picked him off the pavement and I saw them come around again,... no hands.

....Cotten
                        Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-09-2023, 04:22 PM.
                        AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                          Other things I learned this year, Folks,...

No need to print more cards; Everybody just takes one of them phone pics anyway.

"Silent" bicycles suffer in the busy meet traffic, as golf carts with no brakelights, signals, or mirrors pose an even worse threat than the aimless and erratic pedestrians. (Miss my 'ching-ching' bell. New ones are junk.) Next year I shall choose a more comfortable girl's bike, with a coaster brake I can 'bark'.

Young kids on scooters were no problem, other than for the kid on his dad's lap as he failed to negotiate the turn on the promenade in front of my booth. Dad picked him off the pavement and I saw them come around again,... no hands.

....Cotten
                          Thanks for sharing your Davenport experiences with us and I hope your sales were in your favor!

Are there any positives experiences from your 2023 meet that you so wait for every year that you could share?

Thank you as always!

P.S. Just asking for a friend in case he would like to attend.
                          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Well, BLB,...

I'm gonna be there no matter what (God willing..).

What people get out of a meet is alway personal, particularly when it is the only time you can reconnect, eye-to-eye, face-to-try-to-remember-face, after face. (That's why I rely entirely upon email: got memory.)

I sold a few floats thank you all, and once again, the international market came to my rescue; Electronic transfers have become prohibitive, and it was their only chance.

....Cotten
                            PS: My additional reward for attending Davenport is finding fossil record: https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...ce-carbs/page5

PPS: What more than ~700 vendors do you need for a positive? Sorry they ain't really a chapter no' mo. (I wuzn't involved.)

PPPS: Positively no mosquitos. Younger fellows were sleeping comfortably under the stars (streetlights actually), even well after the sun came up. They were only loud 'til about eleven. Sounded like it used to..

PPPPS: Delightful for 'exposed' vendors, there was little or no dew upon the tarps or canopies Friday or Saturday morn, climate change no doubt; It certainly facilitated an early exit for vendors, as even I had no reason to stay past noon.
                            Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-09-2023, 09:02 PM.
                            AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by EricOlson View Post

I didn't see a phone number in my pics, but he had other bikes for sale so maybe someone will recognize this flathead and who owns it?

20230831_134939.jpg
                              Ok, thanks

Comment

How did the green/silver 36 Knucklehead look in person? I believe that was the same one from eBay last week

Comment

Working...
                                X