Denton Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denton Meet

I'm looking forward to attending my first Denton meet this weekend! Going to be camping inside the Denton Farm Park.
    Craig (Delaware)
    Delaware Bay Chapter
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

This is a nice facility with a laid back atmosphere. The camping is great and plenty of space. See you there.

Comment

I'm borrowing my sister and brother in-law RV! Looking forward to my first RV camping experience.
      Craig (Delaware)
      Delaware Bay Chapter
      Perkiomen Chapter
      AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Any Southern Chapter members monitoring this forum? I'm concerned about the possible gas shortages as I travel down to North Carolina tomorrow.
        Craig (Delaware)
        Delaware Bay Chapter
        Perkiomen Chapter
        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Craig, I have noticed several filling stations without gasoline yesterday (in Raleigh & Wake Forest, NC areas). Even watched State Troopers direct traffic into a station that had gas. The stations appeared to have diesel. A store owner I know mentioned deliveries are occurring thou with less frequency. You may want to carry an additional 5 gals of your RV's favorite drink just to be safe. Looking forward to the meet myself! William
          William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
          http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

I'm in Virginia, I called a few stations along my route in the Greensboro area and they have gas.

Comment

Originally posted by 1917PowerPlus View Post
              I'm in Virginia, I called a few stations along my route in the Greensboro area and they have gas.
              I'll be coming Via 85 through Virginia and into North Carolina and would like to top off semi-close to Denton.
              Craig (Delaware)
              Delaware Bay Chapter
              Perkiomen Chapter
              AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
                Craig, I have noticed several filling stations without gasoline yesterday (in Raleigh & Wake Forest, NC areas). Even watched State Troopers direct traffic into a station that had gas. The stations appeared to have diesel. A store owner I know mentioned deliveries are occurring thou with less frequency. You may want to carry an additional 5 gals of your RV's favorite drink just to be safe. Looking forward to the meet myself! William
                Hey William, I'm borrowing my sisters gas drinking RV and might see if there is a safe storage underneath somewhere to carry an extra can or two. Just not sure how safe I will feel carry gas underneath where we will be staying.
                Craig (Delaware)
                Delaware Bay Chapter
                Perkiomen Chapter
                AMCA Member #1011

Comment

I understand the concern inside. A hitch carrier would be good place to hold a gas can. I would stick to I-85, then onto I-73S/Hwy. 220S to Asheboro then south on Hwy 49 to Denton (about 16 miles south on Hwy. 49 after turning off I-73 / I-74 / Hwy. 220S). Look for the AMCA signs. I suspect the large truck stops (Love's, Flying J, Pilots, etc.) on I-85 would your best bet for having gas.
                  William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
                  http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

I arrived a couple hours ago, no issues with gas on 85, topped off in Randleman about 15 miles east of Denton. There are a number of folks here and set up and from what I’ve heard, stick to the highways as stated above and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
                      I understand the concern inside. A hitch carrier would be good place to hold a gas can. I would stick to I-85, then onto I-73S/Hwy. 220S to Asheboro then south on Hwy 49 to Denton (about 16 miles south on Hwy. 49 after turning off I-73 / I-74 / Hwy. 220S). Look for the AMCA signs. I suspect the large truck stops (Love's, Flying J, Pilots, etc.) on I-85 would your best bet for having gas.
                      That's the route I took William and no problem finding gas along the way! Denton was a great place and look forward to attending again as long as i can borrow my sister's RV.
                      Craig (Delaware)
                      Delaware Bay Chapter
                      Perkiomen Chapter
                      AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Working...
                      X