2021 Fort Sutter Dixon meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Fort Sutter Dixon meet

All, just a heads up that due to pandemic related issues the Fort Sutter meet in Dixon has been pushed out to August 2021. You can keep updated at the club website on the Upcoming Events page: http://www.fortsutteramca.org/upcoming-events/. Hope to see lots of folks there!

Dixon-half-sheet-2021-Copy_001.jpg
    Eric Olson
    Membership #18488

UPDATE: Notice below is from the chapter president. A bummer for sure, but guaranteed this meet will be back in the future!

It brings me no pleasure to make this announcement. We will be canceling our rescheduled Dixon meet for August. Due to event conflicts,( Born Free ), and Covid-19 restrictions that would limit the attendance to our event. We decided our August date just isn't viable any more. All our other date choices conflict with other events or just are no longer available to us. With all these road blocks, the board and I feel the risk to a normal 2022 Dixon event could be in jeopardy if we have a half hearted and restricted, half attended 2021 event, with a third alternate date. We did not make this decision with out making our best attempt to try to make 2021 happen. In the mean time let's work on our club, build up our membership, do more and different club activity's, and plan for the best Dixon Meet ever in June of 2022.
    Stay well and ride those bad motor scooters, ride, n ride, n ride.!

Fort Sutter President

Mark Loewen
    Eric Olson
    Membership #18488

Comment

Well it seems to me premature to cancel in June, but I am only on the outside looking in. So many events have opened up just the last few weeks and with almost 3 months to go to late June, smaller event is better than no event. The bigger risk is to have NO event for 2 years. I'll just go back east where life is a little bit more normal to enjoy my hobby.
      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
        Well it seems to me premature to cancel in June, but I am only on the outside looking in. So many events have opened up just the last few weeks and with almost 3 months to go to late June, smaller event is better than no event. The bigger risk is to have NO event for 2 years. I'll just go back east where life is a little bit more normal to enjoy my hobby.
        I hear your frustration. Believe me, no one in the club was happy to see another year go by without a show. As President Mark Loewen said, there are a whole host of issues surrounding doing the show this year, not the least of which is the state run fairgrounds. They made it very clear that attendance would be highly restricted even later in the year (and we wouldn't see any cost reduction for the use of the fairgrounds). The reality is that if we did have the show a lot of people still wouldn't have gotten in to enjoy it. We would have had to pick out which vendors get to show up and which didn't, and turn people away at the gates because we had reached "capacity". It just wasn't something we were willing to do. We tried talking through all the alternatives, but in the end none added up. Hopefully the "state of emergency" in California is over by June of 2022. I hope we see you there when the show finally goes on Knuck.
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

Working...
        X