No announcement yet.

Jefferson Meet 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The water table in this region of Pa. is well above normal by far. Any additional rainfall floods immediately afterwards. Hopefully no more rainfall for the upcoming weekend. I’m not far from Jefferson and last week did some yard work since the ground is exceptionally soft and level water was just 8 inches below ground level and my home isn’t in a low area. Just saying hope for no more rain.

Comment

For those of us elsewhere, I'll I can say is... wish I were there.. as that's were it's at today Cheers Ross
      Ross

Comment

We went yesterday and was low on attendance by vendors and shoppers as one might expect but the rain is gone and it is a beautiful day today so should be better. Picked up a few small items to help finish a knuckle build and got a nice gear case cover for a buddies knuckle so all in all not a bad day. Weather should be fantastic today so best to all the vendors shoppers and those getting judged.

Tom (Rollo) hardy
        AMCA #12766

Comment

Love to see some pictures.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Here's a few, Eric.

Dale

Comment

Comment

After the tractor pulled me out of three feet of mud. I had the time of my life. It's time to move this meet. White Rose is not what it used to be.
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Robert:

Moving it of course is an option that would need to be discussed - either geographically or time of year. It would be a difficult decision of course. Moving it geographically works if you figure on either an all paved or stone finished venue, covered venues, someplace that accommodates camping, a place that tolerates an event. I you keep it in the Mid-Atlantic it doesn't make sense to move it someplace that has the same problems with low lying, stream rich, susceptible turf as White Rose MC. Turf and Weather are the problem Combo. Fair and carnival grounds are the most likely options when you think of it. Geographic can still be a problem if mud is a potential because is seems we are trending in the entire Mid-Atlantic region to increased and sustained rain storms this year has probably been the worst in that regard. Maybe we pay to have someone do a statistical evaluation and try to find the most frequent rain free week during warm weather. What ever happens we need to have the conversation at Chesapeake and if people have feedback and input to contact the Chesapeake President.

Mike Love

Comment

Mike, even though weather is a major factor. It not just this year. It's a chronic problem with the White Rose property because it's a low spot that after a couple weeks of rain can absorb any more. Believe me, I love the place but it's come to the point that nobody want's to come to the place. Saturday morning was the worst I've ever seen. Nobody showed up. I ended up leaving at 11:00am (Figured I'd salvage Sunday.) This is not the only problem with this venue. As people in the club die off and services are starting to really suffer. The kitchen Is now limited to 8:00am to 6:00pm (Keep in mind that the average dweller at this meet is a blue collar worker that been getting up every day at 5:00am all his working life). Not being able to get a cup of coffee until 8:00am blows and the food lately totally sucks (Why? The guy that ran it died.) I mean it total crap on a biscuit at this point. No body even bothered to turn on the tv with the old films. It appears that White Rose is having the same problem that Hebron had, nobody stepping up to volunteer. From what I saw they are being forced to hire people at this point. By Friday night the bathrooms are filthy with no soap or paper towels. The trash cans though out the site are over flowing. I wish it would get better but I don't see it happening. White Rose MC Its a dying entity.
                    Last edited by Robert Luland; 10-01-2018, 04:23 PM.
                    AMCA #3149
                    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

We showed up Saturday morning around 11:00 AM. As a first time visitor I must say the roads leading to and from the place were excellent for riding. I had a blast riding around in the area on my 45, bike was made for that. I you pulled in and parked right in front of the building, did not venture into the mud with the bike. My wife had to park the truck in the mud, hard time getting it back out later and had to clean it yesterday. Small crowd for sure, lots of wet, lots of flies, but I had a good time for a couple of hours and did buy some stuff I was looking for, also ran into some friends to BS with. Overall, since I was in the area it was OK by me. Had I ridden 5 hours just for that, maybe not so happy. Oh and the food did suck, sorry no nice way to say it.

Comment

I traveled about 500 miles and enjoyed the meet from a buyers' perspective. I had other business in York so the meet was not my only mission, but did plan my time in York around the meet. I had high boots and could go where I wanted. I would not have enjoyed being a vendor there and know some that did not show up or left early because of the wet conditions. I found several items on my list that I have been looking a while for, (which always seems to be the case for me at Jefferson), so project advancement did happen! My daughter and I had crab chili, which I thought was very good. I was there Friday from 8 to 2pm, light on vendors and crowd but very enjoyable as a swap meet buyer, I think it would be difficult to ride the grounds on your antique motorcycle, in my opinion.
                        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                        X