No announcement yet.

Wauseon Meet nears sell out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess a good case study could be made of the Florida meet. I would imagine about 30 % of the vendors showed up in Eustis, another 40% in New Smyrna and probably another possible 30% did not show up at all because of the 2 venue issue. I guess attendance numbers would be pretty relevant and maybe help in persuading all parties involved that this was a bad idea and that maybe we could get everybody involved back at the table and try to set aside whatever made this happen and try to get a fresh start and do what is right for the entire group not a select few.

Steve O

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
      Steve,
      Are you coming to Wauseon? Probably won't need the wool gloves like Oley.
      Hi Bob, my Florida blood really appreciated those gloves, thanks. Dog is going. I just got back from a 3 week trip, Rhinebeck ,the New Hampshire Road Run ,and a trip to Mark Hill's and some family time. Unfortunately there is only some much time I can get away so I have to choose between Wauseon and Davenport. I already made a commitment to attend Davenport and hopefully make a deal on another Hen. Look forward to seeing you again.

Comment

Originally posted by quick993 View Post
        Shelby how is one suppose to know if the meets are getting better or worse if we don't track the attendance, how would one know if a good job was done promoting the event if this is not taken into consideration ? I would think that any business minded organizer would like to know how their event is doing. I m just wanting to get a little more involved and I m curious. Some of us take our hobbies a little more serious than others that s all. For instance take a look at what s happening in Rhinebeck, word is that it might me over and possibly changing venues. What happened ? Attendance ? Time of year ? Rainbeck ? I don't know but maybe looking at this kind of stuff would prevent losing an event or help make some better.
        I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here about who you are and what your motives are. As a very active AMCA member and Vendor of over 40 years across the country, I am very knowledgeable about what vendors think and how they make decisions. On this forum you will get a lot of comments from people without a proven track record on a subject and some only to disrupt an honest discussion.

Also as the Founding Partner of the Vintage Motorcycle Alliance LLC, who kept Eustis going with the help of a Group of AMCA vendors who did not want to change locations, and the Southern Sunshine Chapter members who were also against the move. I know very well how to run a very successful Swap meet going on our 5th year and growing very fast. I have put my money where my mouth is, so I do have a dog in this fight.

Using my knowledge to help my local AMCA Chapter in Texas, start this year a joint effort with the Pate Swap meet, in its 44th year and the largest Transportation Swap meet in the USA. The Cherokee Chapter has started a Regional Meet that was a huge success and we have 400 spots for next year end of April 2016.

You say you are new and a lot of people are tired of this topic, and I personally do not want to go any farther with this on a Wauseon Thread, out of respect for Fred Davis and all his people.

I suggest you start a new thread to discuss this topic, by your zip code you live near some of my best friends in Florida including the late Tim Roberts, RIP. I offer to talk to you over the phone. Shelby Withrow 940 748 2555, not in the mornings, I am 68, retired and sleep late.

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
          Steve
          Rough count as of July 5, Something over 700 spaces rented by around 400 vendors. Vendors rent from one to six spaces, some with multiple spaces "sub-let" to their friends. Accurate numbers are difficult at best.

Shelby
          Thanks for the kind words.

Fred.
          Hello Fred, The Kind Words were only a short version of how much respect I have for one of the Best meets we go to. The Distance from Texas is almost 1300 miles or 2600 round trip and fuel cost certainly limit my travel and cut into any profit I might make selling parts. We have to pay the bills but Wauseon is also a place to find those missing parts I need for my projects, and the quality of the Vendors at the meet sets the bar very high for other to learn from.

Wauseon has changed, but the event still has that old time social feel that most People really thank you guys and gals, for your hard work. The improved showers, the great Food vendors, the late evening quiet time, makes it great for couples to visit friends we only see a few times a year.

See you at the Presidents Meeting. Shelby

Comment

I have nothing but respect for Fred, I really don t see any disrespect towards him in this thread. I will address the higher ups myself and change direction with this. Thanks

Steve O

Comment

Originally posted by quick993 View Post
              I have nothing but respect for Fred, I really don t see any disrespect towards him in this thread. I will address the higher ups myself and change direction with this. Thanks

Steve O
              Hello Steve, only meant to head off any damage to a single topic thread centered around positive comments on Wauseon Meet. If you are new to this Forum, based on your number of posts, sometimes people get upset if posts get off topic. Shelby

Comment

Here in southern OH rain all last week and all this week is predicted, lets hope mother nature gets in a better mood next week, the corn is high enough. Give us a break! Typical 100* is better than rain, but the flannel shirt early in the morning like last year would be nice also.
                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Loading up the truck and heading out tomorrow. I can't wait! My first Wauseon trip. I've heard it's a good one. About a 5 hour drive from Northern IL. I'll be looking for some parts for my 37WL. First stop today, before I pack? The bank! Gotta have some jingle in your pockets when you go to a swap meet like this one. Pray for good weather and safe travel for everyone.

DD

Comment

I'm interested in a schedule of "events", or meetings. I see the town hall meeting is 11 am Sat. Is there a president's meeting, and when? races when? (fri eve I expect). seminars? .... must I go to a web site?

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                      Loading up the truck and heading out tomorrow. I can't wait! My first Wauseon trip. I've heard it's a good one. About a 5 hour drive from Northern IL. I'll be looking for some parts for my 37WL. First stop today, before I pack? The bank! Gotta have some jingle in your pockets when you go to a swap meet like this one. Pray for good weather and safe travel for everyone.

DD
                      keep your bank withdraw slip with you. It is now illegal to travel the usa with undocumented cash.
                      rob ronky #10507
                      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                      X