Too bad if you missed Fremont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad if you missed Fremont

The place was full, more than usual. The word must be getting out.
    We love this little meet!
    Howard Wagner's Wagner was front and center, was started and run for a large crowd.
    Gene Harper gave a presentation at the banquet on the Excelsior factory.
    Chuckles and belly laughs everywhere.
    and the vendors bring in a pretty respectable variety of parts.
    Pix anybody?

Great seeing you there Phil. Siggy and I just got home.Best dang fun we've had in a long time. To the host chapter members, man you throw a great time! Is it my imagination or is Rich Schultz getting younger????( Buy his books, they are awesome)
    Ross

Comment

Nice report, Phil and Ross. And I wholeheartedly agree with your observations. Omaha Chapter President Scott Swaney and his committee of volunteers did another great job of sponsoring a unique indoor AMCA National Meet. They all demonstrated and reaffirmed that friendship and hospitality are deeply rooted in the AMCA. And thanks to all the vendors who without fail come to this meet each year in spite of the ever present threat of inclement weather. If you have never attended this meet in Fremont NE at the end of February, give it a try next year. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Featured banquet speaker Gene Harper's Power Point presentation about the history of the Excelsior motorcycle plant in Chicago was fascinating. He displayed many photos of the different sections of the building where production occurred. All of which were accompanied by Gene's very informative narrative. A true historical perspective of a grand marque in motorcycling from the height of production through its slow demise during the Depression until the final demolition of the building to make way for a modern building. Although the plant is gone, those magnificent Excelcior motorcycles survive today because of the efforts and passion of many AMCA Members. Thanks Gene.

And thanks to Chapter Deputy Judge Paul Shedd for his always efficient way of handling AMCA Judging at the Meet. A nice variety of American, British, European and Japanese bikes were judged. And we all had the privilege of watching Charlie Gilmore and Howard Wagner start their 100+ year old Harley and Wagner motorcycles.

The AMCA Town Hall Meeting on Friday was well attended. AMCA Executive Directir Keith Kizer attended his first National Meet and Town Hall meeting. AMCA Board Member Ross Metcalfe was present also. Keith, Ross and I updated the group on current and future Board plans for the Club. We fielded questions from the floor on several subjects. It was the type of positive give and take we have come to experience at Town Hall Meetings held at National Meets. Keith, Ross and I were very appreciative of the round of support given us and the Board at the end of the meeting.

An overall good and fun time for all.
      Richard
      Last edited by Spag; 03-01-2015, 10:15 AM.
      Richard Spagnolli
      AMCA #6153

Comment

Nobody took photos???!!!
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Sorry Rich, not a camera guy but Bill Wood was there clicking away. Maybe someone else can post???The early Harley and Wagner running were magnificent
          Ross

Comment

Comment

Last edited by sswaney; 03-03-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by sswaney; 03-03-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Comment

[IMG]http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/glidepath1/0e63c00714ef798b6d6fdbcdf2087142_zpsd91022c0.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the pic's Scott and thanks to all the vendors for bringing all the treasures! Sounds like everyone had a good meet selling and buying! Hope to see you all again next year!
                            Jarl Rue
                            Omaha Chapter
                            38ULH
                            62FL, 68FLH

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. Lifted my spirits while battling the cold snowy weather. Looks like a good time was had by all.
                              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
                              X