No announcement yet.

Omaha Chapters 2014 Fremont Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope to see you guys sometime Thursday afternoon...
    VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by sswaney View Post
      I am dying to see the documentation on that claim.

HOTEL--MOTEL alert all late registrants:
      Hi Scott, thought I might help anybody with an update on hotel reservations.
      I just reserved 2 rooms at the Econo inn .... phone 402-721-4310 .......... 60 bucks/room! ........ just up the road from our "host hotel".
      Sleep Inn, Super 8, Holiday, Country Inn, Oak Tree inn, are ALL BOOKED, no rooms available.
      Don't know if Econo has any more. I feel like I got lucky this early am. Why did I think this would be a matter of small consequence? We had to drive 30 miles to hotel at Wauseon last July, and we had to drink a case of beer in the parking lot waiting for the room to cool down to 90!
      Good news for everybody is that the meet is probably getting (too?) popular.
      Let's get on the stick and get your reservations ........ friendly Nebraska prices,
      who else is close-by, Scott?

Comment

Hi Phil! And thanks.
        You pretty much covered the options. There is one other motel that is a mom and pop operation.
        It is the Ranch Motel. 402-721-0137. Its just west of the Econo Motel on US Business 3O.
        The host motel has been sold out for quite a while but with a little weather moving in tonight into Thursday they may get a cancellation or two so I would keep trying them and the others if anyone is still looking for a room.

Also anyone that may be in town this afternoon into tonight. We will have a guy out at Christensen Field for a while if anyone wants to bring a bike out early to avoid the rain. My phone number is on the Chapter web site.

www.omahachapteramca.org

Comment

Three rooms left at econo inn this weekend. Get them while they last. See ya in Fremont!

Comment

Originally posted by steve pan pizza View Post
            Three rooms left at econo inn this weekend. Get them while they last. See ya in Fremont!
            The event is over, but the "buzz" endures. Hope to see a picture show here from someone who took a bunch (I didn't, camera's on the blink). Much to view!
            The econo was far from full, unless 2/3 of the rooms are out of commission. From my viewpoint, there were far more rooms available from motels that were not thought of. Meet hosts, I think this is a worthwhile consideration for attendees, especially at places like Wauseon. I'd hate to skip a great meet because of a lack of access to hotel/motel. Wasn't an issue here (luckily), but it did take 6 different "no-vacancy" calls before I found econo, and I noticed a few other options that weren't suggested.

But inside the field house, it was great! and outside not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by steve pan pizza View Post
              It was great to see you again Steve. Always a pleasure.
              AMCA #765

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                The event is over, but the "buzz" endures. Hope to see a picture show here from someone who took a bunch (I didn't, camera's on the blink). Much to view!
                The econo was far from full, unless 2/3 of the rooms are out of commission. From my viewpoint, there were far more rooms available from motels that were not thought of. Meet hosts, I think this is a worthwhile consideration for attendees, especially at places like Wauseon. I'd hate to skip a great meet because of a lack of access to hotel/motel. Wasn't an issue here (luckily), but it did take 6 different "no-vacancy" calls before I found econo, and I noticed a few other options that weren't suggested.

But inside the field house, it was great! and outside not bad.
                The hotels were taken up with a College Hockey tournament playoffs.
                AMCA #765

Comment

2014 Fremont National Meet

Had an awesome time and thanks to the Omaha Chapter for another great year. Big shout out to all the Omaha members and the pretty girls behind the Omaha vending table to make this all happen. Yes Larry, you as well. It's a lot of work and you people are much appreciated for all you do. Thank you!!!

AMCA #765

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                    It was great to see you again Steve. Always a pleasure.
                    my favorite bikes were the 1902 Peugeot, and the 1922 experimental Excelsior 4-cyl. Thanks Len for pix so far.
                    Bill Wood was there with the big camera, Spag and JJ also, and I know they loved it all.
                    I think Scott Swaney even liked it!
                    Charlie Gilmore fired up his 14 HD twin at closing time, fun show.

Comment

Here is a photo of Richard and Carl about to enter the judging ring and to put their incredible 'attention to detail' skills to work on a few of the bikes.

Jerry

Comment

Comment

AMCA #765

Comment

AMCA #765

Comment

Jerry,
                              Now that is funny!

Comment

It took 10 hours to get home due to the snow in western NE and eastern CO. There were many vehicles off the road, some upside down, or on their side.
                                However, Fremont is a great little meet, I had had fun and met more fun folks...
                                VPH-D

Comment

Working...
                                X