Indian motorcycle Watch Fob??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Enlarging Tommo's Roger Pribbenow pic:

    Fobs.jpg
    Some were not as ugly as others!

    What's that at the bottom of the middle one?

    ....Cotten
    PS: I collect the theme, even if it is not true Wigwam
    BOOKENDS.JPG
    (Copper-tinned Zamak bookends, presumeably pre-War because of the swastika pendant.)

    PPS: I don't even like to use my LAN line, Skirted!

    I'm so deaf, cell phones sound like police scanners to me; Gimme a full keyboard, a screen big enough to see, and most important, not even know when it rings.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-26-2023, 12:11 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Skirted
    replied
    Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

    Does it resize and crop it for you, Skirted?

    (A cell phone is on my bucket list.)

    ....Cotten
    Cotten,
    I'm not a big phone person. I have a 7 year old Iphone 1st gen SE. I like antiques! Cropping is very simple as well as other various editing features. Resize is simple when emailing as it gives you options to send full size or various smaller sizes.

    This has been a very informative thread!

    Leave a comment:


  • duffeycycles
    replied
    I had a bunch of Indian MC collectibles.Coolest was a silver letter opener,early teens,that said Indian Motocylceties,makers mark said Rogers silver co,Mass.....came from Italy

    Leave a comment:


  • Tommo
    replied
    Here's two pages from Roger Pribbenow's book "Motorcycle Memorabilia" that shows what you're talking about IMG_20230725_0001.jpgIMG_20230725_0002.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • JTR249
    replied
    Here's the one online for sale. The seller is asking for $400.00 for this one.
    Online Front.jpgOnline--Back.jpg This one appears to be a completely different makers mark and if you magnify the stamp, it ends with something that looks like the date of a meet or event--MAY--5?
    -JR

    Leave a comment:


  • FLFD7
    replied
    From 1935 accessory catalog…..

    3F58F7E2-DFCE-4D06-B117-934C9FA1DABA.jpeg

    721DAF64-FE83-4C05-8D40-5D83F3BDD5D9.jpeg8953E54E-56F7-48AA-B627-970C7273692B.jpeg

    Leave a comment:


  • Rubone
    replied
    I love this Indian piece.
    DCP_2232.JPG

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by exeric View Post
    It is an Indian watch fob, as pictured inn the Leila Dunbar book, 'Motorcycle Collectibles'.

    I tried to post a picture from the book, but our scanner turns everything into a PDF file which I don't know how to covert for this forum. I'll screw around with it some more hope to post a pic.
    Does that book mention what year that Watch FOB came out??

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

    Does it resize and crop it for you, Skirted?

    (A cell phone is on my bucket list.)

    ....Cotten
    My cheap smart cell phone can crop photos... but I'm not sure about resizing.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by Skirted View Post

    Eric,
    Many times I just take a pic of a magazine article or photo with cell phone.
    Does it resize and crop it for you, Skirted?

    (A cell phone is on my bucket list.)

    ....Cotten
    PS:
    Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
    My 1st time at Rochester MN flea,you could easily drop 10 grand on motorcycle watch fobs & get real ones & no duplicates.Several of these enameled Indian fobs
    Wow Rochester is only four hundred miles from me, Duffey!

    How many decades ago was your 'first trip'?

    And they were too expensive even then?

    I'm into one-offs.

    HORNCAST.jpg



    ....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-24-2023, 03:01 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Skirted
    replied
    Originally posted by exeric View Post
    Yes it was, Tom, and just as poorly as it was done on the figure that Jim posted. I was hoping you would tell me how to convert PDF to Jpeg. I've done it before but our scanner hates me.
    Eric,
    Many times I just take a pic of a magazine article or photo with cell phone.

    Leave a comment:


  • duffeycycles
    replied
    My 1st time at Rochester MN flea,you could easily drop 10 grand on motorcycle watch fobs & get real ones & no duplicates.Several of these enameled Indian fobs

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
    Not rare,I've seen plenty of them at large antique flea markets
    Hereabouts, Duffey,...

    Large antique flea markets are rare.

    ....Cotten

    Leave a comment:


  • duffeycycles
    replied
    Not rare,I've seen plenty of them at large antique flea markets

    Leave a comment:


  • Tom Wilcock
    replied
    I deciphered the rest of the writing on it. It is ART 598/10
    Tom

    Leave a comment:

Working...