Indian motorcycle Watch Fob??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T. Cotten
    replied
    I guess it was ugly, Tom!

    They wouldn't be so rare if they left them bare.

    ...Cotten

    Leave a comment:


  • Rubone
    replied
    DCP_3816.JPG
    Here is one (lower right) along with a few other Indian items sharing space with H-D.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tom Wilcock
    replied
    I have a similar one that was given to me 45 years ago by a local fellow who used to ride the wall with a 101 Scout. I understood that it is a watch fob. It says Robbins Co on the back and I am trying to make out the other words. Indian watch fob 001.JPGIndian watch fob 002.JPG

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by exeric View Post
    Yes it was, Tom, and just as poorly as it was done on the figure that Jim posted. I was hoping you would tell me how to convert PDF to Jpeg. I've done it before but our scanner hates me.
    Yucky colors, Eric!

    Screen-shot from the .pdf, rename it, open it in Paint, and save as .jpg.

    (Make sure you save it to somewhere you will find it, like Desktop.)

    You will want to crop and resize while its open in Paint...

    .....Cotten
    PS: The scanner should be able to scan as a .jpg.

    PPS: Who's gonna tell me how to post a .gif to this forum?
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-23-2023, 07:38 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • exeric
    replied
    Yes it was, Tom, and just as poorly as it was done on the figure that Jim posted. I was hoping you would tell me how to convert PDF to Jpeg. I've done it before but our scanner hates me.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by exeric View Post
    ... hope to post a pic...
    Just please tell us if its enameled, Eric!

    Thanks.

    ....Cotten

    Leave a comment:


  • exeric
    replied
    It is an Indian watch fob, as pictured inn the Leila Dunbar book, 'Motorcycle Collectibles'.

    I tried to post a picture from the book, but our scanner turns everything into a PDF file which I don't know how to covert for this forum. I'll screw around with it some more hope to post a pic.
    Last edited by exeric; 07-23-2023, 03:04 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Its beautiful, Jim!

    I enlarged your pic, but cannot make out the maker's mark inside at the upper left.

    Perhaps the gaudy enamelling was a personalization.

    (Hope so.)

    .....Cotten
    I think my brother has a loupe... I may try reading it with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by Rubone View Post
    Yes it is Indian.
    Hey Rubone, Not trying to be funny... but do you mean it's an "Indian Motorcycle" accessory? OR it's just "an Indian" Face. Do you know anymore about it? I tried Google images... but no luck there.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Its beautiful, Jim!

    I enlarged your pic, but cannot make out the maker's mark inside at the upper left.

    Perhaps the gaudy enamelling was a personalization.

    (Hope so.)

    .....Cotten

    Leave a comment:


  • Rubone
    replied
    Yes it is Indian.

    Leave a comment:


  • tfburke3
    replied
    I know very little about genuine accessories but would guess this isnt,just because its so ugly.No offense.
    Tom

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim
    started a topic Indian motorcycle Watch Fob??

    Indian motorcycle Watch Fob??

    Yesterday I visited with the guy I bought my '46 Chief from. His wife said she had a Key for it, and she went in the house to get it. She came out with a "FOB" and said she "thought" a key was with it... but no key. Anyway, is this a INDIAN MOTORCYCLE accessory? OR is it just a watch fob with an Indian head on it?? I am NOT looking to sell it, but just wondering what it is. It's about a total of 6" long with the strap. The metal part is 2". The "Feathers" on the headdress are a glass of some sort. There are some extremely tiny letters on the back which I cannot read even with a magnifying glass. They can "almost" be seen in the TOP LEFT of the photo of the back side.

    20230722_153325.jpg20230722_153508.jpg20230722_153914.jpg
Working...