Indian Pathfinder Fender Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Pathfinder Fender Tips

I posted the following over in the Wanted forum and didn't get any response.
    I thought if I posted here, someone might know of someone who has one or a set.

I need one, front Pathfinder fender tip for a 1949 Indian, vertical Scout motorcycle.
    I would like to pay around $100.00 and condition does not need to be perfect.
    I do not need the clam shell design. I have posted an additional photo of the type I am describing.

I would also consider any offers for a good condition, chrome set for $250.00 if any members have a set to sell.

Thanks.
    -JR

Attached Files

John, I've got a set for Chief (mounted on the bike and not for sale), but the reason I mention this is because when I got an estimate to have them re-chromed it was a quick decision by me not to have them done, price was north of $200 each. Reason being (I was told) was all the detail in the feathers required hours of detail work to make sure the chrome didn't simply "pave over" all the fine details in the headdress. They shined up better than this:

463D1E36-EF0A-44E1-8E0D-A6CEFE4CF208.jpeg
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

JR!!!
      You are probably aware but if not FYI
      Jacob Junker has a unfinished casting;

New,160024,1940-53 Chief Scout Four, Front FenderTip Casting - Listing # 93370 - Vintage Motorcycles & Parts 1975 & Older (vintagecyclebay.com)

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
        He is looking for lightweight tips (149/249/Warrior), not Chief.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I am no expert on fender tips (or most anything else) but, the listing did include:
          "1940-53 Chief Scout Four, Indian Pathfinder" and JR did say he was looking for Pathfinder, but again I am no expert.

Fender tip casting.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

I am no expert on fender tips (or most anything else) but, the listing did include:
            "1940-53 Chief Scout Four, Indian Pathfinder" and JR did say he was looking for Pathfinder, but again I am no expert.

Fender tip casting.jpg
            Read his original post, it could explain things...
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Paul, the style I have and the style Jacob Junker is selling is made to fit the skirted fender Indians, so Chief, Scout, and Four with skirted fenders. JR needs a later style made to fit the vertical Scout fenders. I bet they're hard to find!

Comment

Thanks;
                I will keep my eyes open!

Wonder why Jacobs ad included Pathfinder?

Comment

Wonder why Jacobs ad included Pathfinder?
                  Paul, this page from the '51 Indian accessory catalog should explain it!

pathfinders.jpeg

Comment

Thanks Harry; I was looking my copy of Jerry Hatfields' book and not finding it, your material is much clearer.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the help. Yes, I am trying to find the ones for light-weights. They are very hard to find.
                      Another irony is that I have the very copy of the catalog page above (Pathfinder) and another Indian ad that called them "Trail Blazer" fender tips!
                      I'll see if I can find that one later this evening, however, those could have been identical for the other bikes; later Chief or the Brockhouse stuff.
                      I will check out JJ's site and the information.

-JR

Comment

Finally found a set from the Dale Walksler collection.
                        Thought I would post them here in the original thread as well.
                        -JR Indian Pathfinder Fender Tip Set from Dale Walksler museum.JPGFender Tips 1.jpg

Comment

Thanks for posting JR
                          I know that was a challenging "treasure hunt" for you.
                          Excellent condition.

Comment

OK. I knew I had it somewhere and was going through my notes and found the 1948 Holiday issue of "The Indian Magazine."
                            It was this issue where I had seen the later named "Pathfinder" Fender Tips in this issue, though named: "Trail Blazer."
                            I have posted that photo here just to show what I was talking about.
                            What do some of you think happened, did the company really change the name or did someone make a slight marketing typographical error in calling them TB?

-JR 1951 Pathfinder Fender Tip Ad.jpg1948 Indian Accessory Ad.jpgREF Pathfinder Fender Tip 1948 Accessory Catalog.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X