Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacke2speed
    replied
    Just came across this thread, I may be a little too late, but just in case.
    F-N Accessories
    You mentioned Indian and Harley. The F-N tandem seat used on an Indian is different then used on Harley and other motorcycles. The F-N tandem for the Power Plus Indian does not have the arms extending forward to the rear frame down tubes, as pictures in the ad shown in your thread. The Indian F-N tandem attaches to the cross-over loop on top of the rear swing arm suspension. I have a 1923 F-N catalog and it shows their tandem on different makes and models of motorcycles. In the parts section, they list the metal foot boards as a right and a left. So there may be a difference in them. The also offer a seat back for tandem seat.

A friend of mine was missing both of the footboards on his Indian F-N tandem, so he used 1913 Indian cast short footboards and short rubber Indian pads, as it was being used on a 1914 Indian Hedstrom, which has longer cast footboards with longer rubber Indian pads. That way, it looked right with the two different length footboards.

Leave a comment:

• Mike85
    replied
    Thank you very much Rubone.

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    It is from the 1918-1919 H-D accessory catalog.

Leave a comment:

• Mike85
    replied
    Does anyone know where this ad may have showed up? Was it in an accessory catalog of some kind? Does someone have a HD accessory catalog from the teens who could look for me?

Leave a comment:

• Mike85
    replied
    Thanks Rubone. Is this a page out of an accessory catalog? Can you tell me which one and what year?

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    tandem seats 2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mike85
    started a topic Fentress-Newton Tandem Seat

Fentress-Newton Tandem Seat

Does anyone have any information on a Tandem Seat made by a company called Fentress-Newton in Detroit around 1917? You can identify it by the F-N on the foot board. Was it ever in a Harley or Indian accessory catalog? Any ideas where I could get parts? Specifically looking for one Footboard. Also interested in any literature that tells me more about them.
Working...
X