Shot in the dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot in the dark

Have been looking for a luggage rack for a K model sportster for some time now Part "53404-54" with no luck and will be going to the Southern National in Denton NC next week to look for one if anyone has one to sell take it there and I will find it. Or contact me via this site. I posted at the end of last year on "WANTED" with on response not even a good luck with that!

Thanks ; Silver65
    Attached Files
    Last edited by silver65; 05-08-2021, 10:04 AM.

Good luck on the rack, however calling a "K" model a Sportster is a major faux pas.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Ya I know but the rack I'm looking for will fit any of the K's and sportster models with the straight rear fender supports struts that started in the 50'S and did not change thru much of the mid 70's.

Comment

Yes, I am well aware of the rack. If you had just inserted an "or" in there.....

All the variations of that rack, Rigid Pan, 60s, 70s, K DCP_3452.JPG
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Bottom right appears it needs some new Crome or might clean up but is it something you or want to part with this rack and if so, how much is the you can have it price. Are you going to the Southern National? (just got back from ride and wings)

Comment

Sorry but that rack goes on my 55KHK.NFS
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

So my search goes on thanks for the tease could have said not for sale when you sent picture instead made me drool ! (so how much)
              Dose any else have one they want to sell and not just show me because I already know what they look like.
              Last edited by silver65; 05-10-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

On eBay now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16509325290...cAAOSwVMBhUKMh
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Senior Member Rubone. Now for the bid!

Comment

Originally posted by silver65 View Post
                    Thanks Senior Member Rubone. Now for the bid!
                    I won't bid against you!
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

THE Ebay auction/bid. At first no one was biding but thought there were people out there waiting and watching so with minutes left I lured out the lurkers with first bid and then with less than 15 seconds left I shot them in the dark, witch means I most likely payed too much but WON! This is the 2nd one I have see up for auction in about 3 years and lost the last auction and sold for about the same as I payed and it appears to be all there and in good shape. They have them in parts book for the XLH but will look good on my XLCH!

Comment

Good for you. Successful hunt after three years.

Comment

This was a hard part to find but with the help of the AMCA forum and New Mexico Robbie that did not want to sell his but kept his eyes open this search was a success so I guess the AMCA fee was money well spent. Now if I could find a good pair of Laconia handlebars which is even harder find parts 56087-65 left and 56088-59A right to replace my buckhorn style.

Comment

"The Thrill of the Hunt". Any pictures of Laconia handlebars?

Comment

All I have is parts book and pictures that I believe to the Laconia .They made three buckhorn,speedsters,and Laconia, a set for a XLCH would have rightside magneto kill button and internal throttle left side would have the hi-low dimmer switch and horn button plus the magneto advance/retard internal grip both the of the sportsters in picture I believe are either the speedsters or Laconia.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X