Looking for old pre-1950 photos for book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VL Girl View Post
    My book "The American Motorcycle Girls 1900 to 1950" is out and doing well! Getting lots of attention and great reviews. Check out Amazon.com or Borders books.
    Will be doing seminars and books signings. First at Vintage Motorcycle Days. Sturgis, AMA Women in Motorcycling Conference in Keystone, CO.
    Hope everyone enjoys the book! I am happy with how it came out... it looks great! 240 pages, hard cover, quality book! I am honored to tell the world about these amazing women!

#21 Nationwide for Sports books this week. Looks like we have a hit!
    Just placed my order on Amazon. I was wondering when this was going to come out.

Congrats!!
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Comment

Got my copy and LOVE it. High quality and very classy.

Highly recommend this book and congrats to Cris on a world class publication!
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Thanks you guys!

Oprah was in the Borders here where I had my signing before I got there. The clerk that helped her said she looked at the book for a long time. Wouldn't it be great to get on there with a few of my old friends from the book!

Book is #21 for Sports books Nationwide on Borders!

Wow!

We're going to sell out at this rate.

Vl Girl

Comment

That's cool VL - let us know when your going to be on the tube!
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

WHAT A SHAME THIS HAD NOT HAPPENED SOONER. MY DAUGHTER HAS A FLEDGLING HEAVY METAL BAND AND PUT OUT AN INTERNET CALL FOR EXTRAS FOR A VIDEO. AN INTERESTING 86 YEAR OLD LADY SHOWED UP AS SHE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN. SHE WAS AN AVID MOTORCYCLIST WHEN YOUNG WHO PURCHASED AND RODE HER OWN HARLEY 45 IN 1946.
            I'LL FIND OUT MORE DETAILS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED

Comment

So I did receive the book this week and have to say it is so well done!! I read about half and paged through all the pics. I love the history, pics, company material, etc. etc. Very nice job.

This last photo posted is so cool. Interestingly she looks almost exactly like my neighbor up the street. The expression on her face is priceless and tells a story in itself.

Awesome pic - and based on what I've seen it would have been good to see it in VL's book along with the history related to the photo.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Dear Cris, I bought a signed copy of your book at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I've recommended it wholeheartedly in my European Chapter newsletter, so hope you made a few more sales. Amazingly one of our Italian members, Aldo Carrer, has produced a book called 'Women, Motorcycles, and Fashion Trends 1894-1945' which you also might enjoy. It contains a few hundred pictures from his collection of 200,000, with captions in Italian, English and German. No biographies, but some of the women are named and locations described. ISBN looks like 9788886955232. Happy New Year and best regards. PS. Just sent two of my VL restoration books to Hawaii, so you'll soon have company!

Comment

My wife gave me 'The American Motorcycle Girls 1900-1950' for Christmas. Fantastic book and I would highly recommend it. Of course I love the Flying Merkel girl.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                  X