Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vph-d
    replied
    Yes, I worked there from 77-82. Dave bought the place in 64, I believe. Yes, Chris, still in Colorado. Great idea for a book, why limit it to 1950? If you carry it on thru the 80s, you could include yourself an Jo. Damn women's libbers...
    VPH-D

Leave a comment:

• BEK
    replied
    John Graff...

Hi John, did you work there when Dave Sciabaras (Odie) owned it? I used to live in Lombard and back in the early 80's I would go there for parts and service. I remember Linda Jo at the parts counter too. I think it was in the mid 80's that he sold it to Gene.

Hey Cris, did you get the photos I sent you to your e-mail address?

Leave a comment:

• rbenash
    replied
    Originally posted by VL Girl View Post
    Hi,
    Hope anyone out there with any photos of women riders from 1950 and earlier will submit them to me for my book. Book is called , "The American Motorcycle Girls 1900-1950". Will be a beautiful, coffee table, hardcover book. A photographic history of these early American women riders.

I am a 3 time Motorcycle Hall of Famer and have been great response for the book. It is due to be published March 2009.

If you have anything to submit, please do so soon. Deadline for submission is ASAP. email me at: crisnpat@earthlink.net

Thanks!
    Cris Sommer-Simmons
    "VLGirl"
    Wow - I want that book! I am also interested to know if your book is limited to woman riders only or also the woman in factory MC advertisement/publicity? I am intrigued often by both. My wife and daughter think me a bit odd when I show them old woman rider photos/stories as well as old woman in factory bike add type stuff. Both are very interesting to me. They juxtapose women in two very different roles of the period/s. How about the company pushes to involve women during times of stress. I.E. - I remember reading in other books where companies like HD and Indian really tried to push female ridership, but often did so only under duress to help a failing bottom line, etc.

Hopefully you have details about the cross country exploits as well??

Who's the publisher and when can we get the book? Can I get a signed copy?

Very timely and a place in history often missed by most. Congrats on a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• VL Girl
    replied
    Hey, how are you? Weren't you in Colorado?

Leave a comment:

• vph-d
    replied
    Chris.
    Yes, I worked at Villa Park in IL, John Graff
    VPH-D

Leave a comment:

• VL Girl
    replied
    What is your last name, John? Did you work for H-D in the 80's?

Leave a comment:

• vph-d
    replied
    Hey Chris,
    Long time no see.
    VPH-D John G.

Leave a comment:

• VL Girl
    started a topic Looking for old pre-1950 photos for book

Looking for old pre-1950 photos for book

Hi,
    Hope anyone out there with any photos of women riders from 1950 and earlier will submit them to me for my book. Book is called , "The American Motorcycle Girls 1900-1950". Will be a beautiful, coffee table, hardcover book. A photographic history of these early American women riders.

I am a 3 time Motorcycle Hall of Famer and have been great response for the book. It is due to be published March 2009.

If you have anything to submit, please do so soon. Deadline for submission is ASAP. email me at: crisnpat@earthlink.net

Thanks!
    Cris Sommer-Simmons
    "VLGirl"
Working...
X