Waverley/PEM/Jefferson handlebar picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waverley/PEM/Jefferson handlebar picture

I need a close up picture showing the right hand lever controls for a Waverley/PEM/Jefferson road bike.
    Tom

Hi Tom, 1st photo is a 1912 P.E.M. Shows where the cable comes out of the handlebar. 2nd is from 1912 Waverley brochure. Really shows the routing of cables. 3rd is from 1913 showing Jefferson race bikes using the solid fork at Jefferson County Fairgrounds. I have more photos if you need them.

Dick Werner
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dick. The help is much appreciated. I have the first picture.. I am making handlebars for my 1911 Waverley project. I can arrive at dimensions and location for the spark control lever in your second picture. From other pictures I have I have determined that the left grip must control the decompressor and the right grip the throttle.
      Tom

Comment

Your welcome Tom but I have to ask about the year 1911. From my 30 years of research on the motorcycles made by Perry there was never a production Waverley motorcycle made. The 1910/1911 Waverley was just a prototype with a Waverley motor in an Indian frame. Is that what you are building? The 1912 Waverley was also never produced even though a brochure and ads exists. The name was changed to P.E.M. before any production Waverley's were sold to the public. If you have different information I would love to see it.
        Dick

Comment

Dick:
          I did not know that none were produced in 1911. I only have a local dealer's sales brochures for both Waverley and PEM. I could easily call my bike a 1912 PEM when it is finished. Same bike different decal. There is almost no information about the Waverley Manufacturing Co.
          Tom

Comment

Hi Tom, that would be correct naming it a 1912 P.E.M. I have quite a bit of info on the Waverley Mfg. Co. that I can share. My email address is runpet1962@charter.net Send me some photos of your project.

Comment

Working...
            X