1940 TN License Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 TN License Plate

I am probably spitting in the wind, but I would like to find one for my bike.
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Well I found one but I don't know if I have enough money. Seems this vintage TN plate is RARE beyond belief$$$
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Comment

hey now is you aint coming back on this planet again. now is the time.

Comment

so how much is rare $$$$ beyond belief?

Comment

I've seen plates go for some pretty big money. I've also learned that if "you" need it then it's always "rare beyond belief$$$" !!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            I've seen plates go for some pretty big money. I've also learned that if "you" need it then it's always "rare beyond belief$$$" !!!
            Cory, I thought that only happened to me..........Seriously, what I do is "save the search " on e-bay do this for Tennessee plates specifically. I have found a couple that I wanted this way and I get e-mails when the new auctions come out
            Last edited by Chuck#1848; 02-09-2013, 05:23 PM.
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

The guy had 2 pair and 2 singles for 1940 and he would sell only one of the singles for $1000. He had lots of extras for most years but for some reason 1940 is scarce. So is 1933, 1937, 1942, and several others. He had every TN plate from 1912 to present except 2 very early ones. He also had a collection of TN car plates that was UNREAL.
              Bob Selph
              1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
              1940 Sport Scout
              AMCA#15215

Comment

a grand is crazy silly money for a liscense plate. but then who am i to say anythign is silly, when buying a lens for a tailight assembly at almost a hundred bucks.

Comment

How about this for crazy.......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Harl...vip=true&rt=nc

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                    Cory, I thought that only happened to me.........
                    Chuck, you are not alone in this crazy game.....
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by upsrod View Post
                      That is a little nuts alright..... start paying prices like that and a put together bike would be worth a small fortune!!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Shoulda been buying up parts over the last 20 years, I coulda been retired already selling them, especially with prices as seen in the auction link above. Geez, don't even need space for many of those! The old shoulda, coulda woulda blues bite again!

Comment

Working...
                        X