Late Chief fender trim strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Chief fender trim strips

I am looking for the fender side trim strips for a 46 Chief in new or very good condition for a restored bike. Need the the front for sure and the rear if available.

I got rear fender trim from Starklite, but could not find front trim. . . Anywhere. I was forced to make the front trim, and I was quite pleased with how it came out, but believe me, I would have preferred to buy it (ridiculous amount of work Ironically, a good friend found some used trim in his vast pile of good stuff and I would have been happy to do what was needed to make it right. I would be curious if you find a source as I heard on the grapevine that new trim is not currently being made.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

exeric-I had gotten the trim from Jerry Greer’s several years ago but they are currently waiting on a supplier to make more. The trim I had gotten before was really nice and fit perfect. I am getting close to painting my sheet metal and want to get everything fit first-

Comment

I am curious about Starklite, maybe check them out Rodger if you haven't already? I know Gary said he's done, yet the site is still up with many parts listed as "out of stock", yet the front fender trim remains...hmmm

Starklite Indian Motorcycles - TRIM,40-48 ORIG LENGTH FRONT FENDER - Vintage Indian Motorcycle Parts & Accessories
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I purchased from him in the last year. I wonder if they've sold that "NOS" '53 Chief yet.
          Pete Cole AMCA #14441
          1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Rodger Brandstatter View Post
            exeric-I had gotten the trim from Jerry Greer’s several years ago but they are currently waiting on a supplier to make more. The trim I had gotten before was really nice and fit perfect. I am getting close to painting my sheet metal and want to get everything fit first-
            That was where I was at, Rodger. On a Sport Scout, there are many things that can't be done until you have painted fenders, and mounted trim and the trim can't be mounted with wheels in place (like a Chief). The SS is a sadistic puzzle with many idiosyncratic rat holes, and blind alleys to drive you crazy. However, I am fascinated by it, and keep coming back for more
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X