1948 Indian Chief Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Indian Chief Parts

I dug out my 48 Chief rat bike and am going to try and get it running and make it complete. Far from a show bike and maybe a future project for the grandson. I would like to find a chain guard, belt guard, tail light, headlight, front fender light, tool box and any accessories. I drove this bike home in 1968 after paying the kid that had it $50. The good old days. I know I can go with repop but would like to try and find old rusty original if possible. If you have any spare parts or know of any I would appreciate it. I may have an extra fender(poor condition), dist., and some other pieces for trade. deanrd55734@gmail.com or 218-744

Phone is 218-744-3229

Comment

I am currently working on a '41 Indian Sport Scout and I have been rounding up, and still looking for the same kind of stuff as you are for your '48 Chief. I have to go the restoration route because my bike was such a needy basket case. I have a lot of genuine Indian parts but nuts, and bolts are rounded off, sheet metal is rusted through, and rotten, and genuine parts cost more to chrome plate than new reproduction. I am getting to the point of "whatever it takes" because I know a running, useable motorcycle is more fun than a POS dreamer that sits in a corner, and I have more than a few of those You can always upgrade to genuine parts as they come available.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

That’s what I will probably have to do also but it’s worth a shot trying the ad. Good luck on the Scout.

Comment

Working...
        X