Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 Indian Chief parts wanted

Hello everyone ,
    Starting project with frame and engine , missing front fork , tanks , rims , hubs , lights , etc, etc. Please let me know if you have any parts .

Originally posted by Sasha View Post
    Please let me know if you have any parts .
    Sasha, they're out there and part of the fun is the hunt! Lots of quality reproduction parts (I favor Greer's) but many parts are not specific to 1946 so that widens the search area. I'm wondering if the front fork will be one of the harder things to find!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I have some spare parts, i'd part with. Where about's are you located? I'm in Mass. I agree with Pisten Bully, the fork will be a challenge!!!

Comment

If you only have a frame and engine -do the numbers match?either way it will be a labor of love costing more than it would sell for but wihtout matching numbers It will be worse.
        Buying one piece at a time is expensive.I would think your best bet would be find a complete bike that has most of what you need,but maybe a bad frame or no powerplant.
        Ebay has been my best source for parts for the past ten years or so and if you look at complete bikes you will get a feel for what a bargain a complete bike is .When you see a nice original dash think 2-3k,nice handlebares 500-800,fenders 500-1000,300 for oil lines,it all adds up fast.Nothing is cheap anymore especially parts in nice condition.
        Good luck
        Tom

Comment

Thanks Guys !!!
          I am not looking to build 100 % period bike considering the cost but bobber. I have good idea about the look I am after but still need parts . It will be learning process for me and will take time but it is part of the fun and hobby .

Comment

Hi, I just put a complete 1946 Chief front brake assembly on ebay. I'll be putting a complete fork on next week. Have fun!

Comment

Steve Smith down at Bear Swamp just put a '46 basket on Cycle Dope yesterday...

Comment

Working...
              X