1917 Powerplus Left Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1917 Powerplus Left Tank

I’m looking for a left tank for my 1917 Indian Powerplus project, please pm me know if you have one available.
    Thanks,
    Todd

I spotted a few Indian teens gas tanks at the Motorcyclepedia warehouse swap meet this past weekend.
    Not sure exactly what years they were, lefts or rights, I can't remember?
    I do remember a few were original paint unrestored.
    I believe the warehouse sale is open again for Vtwin dealers TODAY 1-22-18.
    The tanks were in the "aquarium" if you or someone you know goes there.
    A while back I found an o/p oil tank and an original sidecar fender both from that same era
    at that location. 46EL
    Last edited by 46EL; 01-22-2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Hi 46EL, thanks for the heads up, any chance you have a contact or know someone there? I just called Teds Cycle and asked them about the tanks, a gentleman took my number and said someone might get back...... unfortunately, they did not seem to eager to provide any help or info.
      Thanks,
      Todd (757) 681-1695

Comment

Todd,
        I was at that swap meet over the weekend. I am also in the market but for an 18 PowerPlus tanks/parts. There were some tanks at the swap meet in the aquarium but not for a PowerPlus. I thought I scored at first but closer look determined not for that bike.
        Dan

Comment

Dan, thanks for the reply, I don't feel so bad now as they never did return my call, will just keep looking. I am also looking for a set of bars, I have a set of 1918 bars to trade.
          Todd

Comment

Todd,
            New to forum, new to this Manf and era so I literally have nothing to trade. Love the antique bike world but was always just HD. Picked up my 18 PP in a multi-bike purchase and currently am spending an inordinate amount of time researching. I defiantly am hooked on the look and story of the PP.

Yours looks awesome!!
            Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, I’m new here as well. I just posted additional pictures of the bike going from Red to Olive Drab, have you posted pics of your 18?
              Todd

Comment

Todd,
                Here a few pics if I uploaded correctly.
                Still not sure my plans for this bike yet.
                Dan

IMG_5149.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow Dan, that’s a pretty good start.........Parts are out there, it just takes time.
                  Todd

Comment

Hey Todd,

Any chance you could send a few pics of the 18 handlebars?

Thanks
                    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by glide54 View Post
                      Hey Todd,

Thanks
                      Dan
                      Hey Dan, I will try to get some pictures today, sorry about the delay.
                      Todd

Comment

Originally posted by glide54 View Post
                        Hey Todd,

Thanks
                        Dan
                        Here you go Dan.

DF409745-6949-4BCD-AE63-7A5D67DEB609.jpgA0CD4D4E-E720-4366-871B-CBD8635E5273.jpg86072F63-B31A-4FAB-9A1F-C46ED38C0A55.jpgA11C5083-CBC1-4FD9-B60F-8BA37E69C7ED.jpg482AD710-D38C-4A2C-90C8-9DA3FF84E5B1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X