Original 1940-1948 Indian Solo Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original 1940-1948 Indian Solo Seat

I've finally found my Indian Chief after two years of searching but need an original Indian Solo seat for it.

I have a nice Harley buddy seat to trade or I will gladly purchase your seat outright.

PM in you have anything.

Thanks
    AMCA # 3233

I had the same search going on.... wound up with a short nosed (circa '37 ?) seat, then I found the correct seat on Ebay... trashed but with a good pan, and I had Michael Paquette do his great work on it! (looking at the photo... it looks less new now that I have about 10k miles on it!)

Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Very nice Pisten Bulley, I too have been watching the eBay circuit but I'm hoping some one out there in AMCA land has a spare solo seat they don't need anymore or would be willing to trade for the HD buddy seat I had on the '42 Chief I'm fixing up.
      AMCA # 3233

Comment

Originally posted by Green Indian View Post
        the '42 Chief I'm fixing up.
        Damon, I recall your hunt a while back for a Chief... but a 1942! That's a great find, any chance you can be cajoled into putting up some photos?
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Harry,
          I'll post some photos soon, I was thinking of starting a build thread anyway. I'll be subbing out motor, frame and gas tank rebuilding to John Bivens in CA. Terry Marsh has my Corbin speedo and has sent back some great progress photos of its rebuild; the inside of the speedo housing has a date stamp on it of 12/41, how cool is that?
          Damon
          AMCA # 3233

Comment

Bump to thread, anyone find and want to sell or trade their original Indian solo seat for a Harley Buddy seat with brackets and springs? I'm still in the market for one. I'd also like an Indian 809 headlight for a 1941 - 1942 Indian Chief if you got a spare one.
            AMCA # 3233

Comment

I've got my Indian 809 headlight, still looking for a correct Indian Solo seat.....
              AMCA # 3233

Comment

Did you check with Heather's Leathers?

Comment

Ron,
                  Thanks. I'd thought of contacting them but wasn't sure if they'd have an original pan or only reproductions pans. If they comes to the Chesapeake Chapter meet this fall I'll take a look at his seats at the show, if someone doesn't contact me first with one they want to sell. I just missed on one on eBay last week so they do show up there too from time to time.
                  AMCA # 3233

Comment

IMG_4770.jpgIMG_4771.jpgIMG_4772.jpgIMG_4773.jpg

Here's some photos of the Harley Buddy seat with springs and brackets that I have to trade for an Indian Solo seat. Still looking....
                    AMCA # 3233

Comment

Try to work a deal out with Wayne, he is a good guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Green Indian View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17632[/ATTACH]

Here's some photos of the Harley Buddy seat with springs and brackets that I have to trade for an Indian Solo seat. Still looking....
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Moto...tXKKR7&vxp=mtr
                        Here is one.

Comment

I'm currently watching another seat on eBay but will need to sell the buddy seat for the cash to buy the Solo seat. My preference is still a straight trade.
                          AMCA # 3233

Comment

Working...
                          X