Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

front brake anchor plunger assembly for 1930 Chief project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front brake anchor plunger assembly for 1930 Chief project.

I'm having trouble finding the plunger-style front brake anchor assembly for my '30 Chief. I believe the Chiefs & 101 Scouts used the same part from '28 to at least '31. Anybody have one or know the whereabouts? Thanks. -Mike

see em on e bay fairly regular, got mine there - good luck.

Comment

try Reno Indian in CZ

Comment

As always, Kent Thompson in N.H. is my best source.

Comment

Kent has been a great source for parts and knowledge. I can count on him to know the correct parts, too, but he hasn't seen this brake anchor lately. I've been watching ebay with no luck, either. I'm not familiar with "Reno Indian in CZ." Is that a website? I really appreciate the responses.

Comment

I heard recently that Reno's prices were quite good also, I found him on the web, just punched in Reno Indian. I have been told it is hard to git a hold of him though - good luck

Comment

Reno Indian (CZ) has a nice website with some great looking parts. I just Czeched them out (couldn't resist , sorry) but they show most stuff out of stock. I'm still open for ideas. I could fab one that would work but it would be welded up instead of a cast unit. Drawings are in the Scout 101 bible. Thanks again.

Comment

on e bay right now 121596076861, I have nothing to do with it - just a heads up good luck.

Comment

Thanks, Tom, for the heads up. I appreciate you looking out for me.

I know the name Indian assigned to the part I need is a bit confusing, but I don't have a better name to call it. However, the part I need is the tube assembly that bolts to the fork, for the tube attached to the brake backing plate (listed on eBay you mentioned) to slide into. Now, I hope the response is "ok, I know where dozens of those are located for the 1930 price of $3.00!" No, I'm not smoking funny cigarettes, just dreaming. Thanks again. -Mike

Comment

ok, I understand - I am also missing that part :-)

Comment

Did anybody else watch the front brake anchor sell on eBay last week? It's the only one I've seen anywhere since I started my '30 Chief project. I admit I've paid some stupid prices occasionally on eBay (it's so handy sometimes) but sometimes I can barely warm the bench, much less play the game. This one closed at $480.! I promptly went through my supply of 4130 scrap tubing & with an AN bolt, got out my handy, dandy TIG, and made my own, which I am now particularly proud of. It's strong, it works, & it's a great 10 footer. Good enough for me! Now I've got to decide whether to spring for the repro Splitdorf generator (DU-7H) I saw on a foreign website. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. -Mike

Comment

As far as I know it is Antonio Esteves making the Splitdorf repro generators......have heared that they should work fine and parts are interchangeable with originals.

Comment

Thanks, Florian. Good to hear from you. I appreciate your help. It makes writing the checks a little easier. -Mike

Comment

I agree, the generators are made by Antonio Esteves in Portugal. They interchange exactly with the originals, as do parts. They actually perform a bit better than the originals in that they "turn on" or actually start generating at a lower RPM, this is especially helpful with the DU-7.

I have met Antonio and he does very nice work. He sent me one of his first prototype DU-7's and asked that I test it for him and send feedback. I did an extensive test and had a long list of items to be addressed, mostly small details. Antonio handled every one of them and was very glad to have the feedback. I can only speak to the DU-7, I've never seen his DU-5's

I would recommend one of his DU-7's if you can't find an original.

Gene Harper (www.splitdorfreg.com)

Comment

Thanks, Gene. I think I'll bite the bullet now while the Euro is down. -Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X