Knucklehead frame wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knucklehead frame wanted!

I need a '41-'43 knuckle frame, the all brazed version. I have a real nice Bullneck frame for trade or will purchase outright. I also have some other Knuckle parts to trade towards one. Thanks in advance,
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

I think I've got one but it is still wrapped around my 38 ul parts. I will post pics sun or mon so someone can help narrow down the identification of it. I've read palmers book, but I would like second and third opinions. The only thing I would trade it for would be a correct cherry 38...thanks Mike

Comment

I have a nice 38 frame for sale.
      Jim

Comment

Rob, I've got a '41-up frame, I'm needing a bullneck for my '46. My frame is not perfect, but it's cheap or would trade. Call me if you wish...
        Gerald 417-276-9908

Comment

Originally posted by geraldchism View Post
          Rob, I've got a '41-up frame, I'm needing a bullneck for my '46. My frame is not perfect, but it's cheap or would trade. Call me if you wish...
          Gerald 417-276-9908
          Is your frame welded or baized?
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Gerald,
            Thanks for the response. Been away for a few days. I'll call you.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi Jim, how nice, how much. Feel free to call me about it...Mike 918-839-2739 in bakersfield, ca.

Comment

OK, lets see. If Gerald buys Jim's frame and sends it to Mike, then Mike send me his frame (if it is the correct one, that is!) and I sent the bullneck to Gerald it all works out, right?
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

It all works out, but I'm out all the money!!

Comment

It all works out, but I'm out all the money!!
                    Not All, You'd still have your frame to sell!
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi everyone, sorry this took so long. My frame has the correct 29deg distance from neck to brace as per palmers book. It has the correct battery tab and it is brazed. I took some paint remover to several joints and they are brazed. The tool box mount has 2 sets of three horizontal holes and 1 set of 2 horizontal holes. The previous owner enlarged the center hole of the top 3 and drilled an extra hole on the bottom to mount the toolbox differently. I've included a couple of pictures of the front forks which are 36 to 38. they have the zerks on the inside and what looks to be narrow mounts. They don't have the extra small braces on the fender mounts. Do the fender mounts look to be the wide ones or narrow ones. ( I haven't personally seen a set of narrow mounts unless these are them). Also check out the handlebars....Try to help narrow down the years for me...thanks, Mike.
                      Attached Files

Comment

]Here's the bars. couldn't post 6 pics...thanks Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hard to tell from the pics, the one with the ruler is useless. And too bad they are a little late in coming, a nice '38 frame sold on eBay tonight but I did not bid as I had not seen yours and can't afford speculation. I'm still looking though!
                          Robbie
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

you should have seen the first "ruler" pic...It was worse. I'm just getting shakier and everything seems out of focus some times..thanks Mike.

Comment

I am not a front fork expert, but I have a back leg with the zerks on the inside I believe to be a '38 and my tabs are wider where they meet the fork crossover. I believe this to be narrow tab. Bob AMCA#6738
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                              X