WTB-WTT K model / XL Speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB-WTT K model / XL Speedometer

Want to buy working K model or 57-58 XL Speedometer and mount for a 57XL. I have '61 headlight tin and I belive the correct matching Speedometer to trade if interested. Thanks Rollin

The K model and the 57 XL are not the same speedo
    Jeff Bowles
    Arkansas
    Membership # 14023
    1957 Sportster

Comment

My book is showing 67007-54A for 55 & 56K and 57 & 58 XL. Is this incorrect?

Comment

Rollin,
        The housing is the same for late KH and XL, however the faces are different and not interchangeable for a correct restoration. KH is green, XL is gray. You need the '57-'58 specific one.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rollin.
          Reading a parts book that is newer than your machine will get you in trouble. They show the part they are selling then that may happen to work on an earlier model machine but is not necessarily correct to be used on a restoration.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'm using a 1959 parts book, and never would have known the face color changed. I'll be vending at Rhinebeck, hopefully I'll find the correct one there.

Comment

I'd call the color white rather than gray for the 57 Speedo.

Comment

I stand by gray, every one I have ever had or seen in person was. They are light in tone but they are not white!
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Ah, you made me dig mine out. Yeah, I guess you could call that gray, very light gray.

Comment

Working...
                  X