Vintage 12 volt Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage 12 volt Battery

Would really like to find a vintage 12 volt battery with the embossed emblem on the side. Looks to me that this style was made from 1965-1969 (by looking at the accessory books from 1965-1970). Looks like 1970 was smooth sided.

Anyway - probably obvious is that I want a nice, non-cracked case to use as a housing for a gel replacement. I guess if just the back side is cracked it would be OK.

Would want to have all the posts and caps intact. If it still had the top stickers that would be great.

You can email me at rbenash@verizon.net or PM
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

H-D battery number 66006-65A fits FLH and XLH . Early ones have Harley-Davidson embossed on side. I have one with AMF/ Harley -Davidson embossed, must have been built after 1970. Do not know when they went to smooth side. What year are you restoreing ?

Steve
    Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
    TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

Hey Blue Pacer - I'm restoring a 1965. Looking for the 66006-65 style (bar with the triangles above and below). Based on accessory catalogs they had this log until 1969. Then I see what looks to be smooth side in 1970. I also see the part number change to 66006-65A in 1969. In the 1970 catalog I see the 66006-65A part number, but smooth sided.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
      X