Looking for ratchet top cover 34805-52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ratchet top cover 34805-52

Hi, looking for the 3480552 ratchet-top cover WITHOT the hole for the neutral sensor. Have the axact same but with a drilled neutral sensor hole....

Looking to trade if possible.

Ran

if the top you have fits and works good i would just make that hole dissappear. weld it shut and smooth it off. then glass bead it to bring back the texture. i've done it on a couple and you can't tell

Comment

I agree with flat-happy, the early cover is hard to find especially in good condition and the later type are all over so a trade is not likely. Weld it up, dress up, and run it.
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank guys! I'll do that.

Ran

Comment

If the cover is 65 and later you won't fool anybody as the screw holes have a different taper for the allen head screws on the later models.
          Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Hi KOANES, not looking to "fool" anyone... just asking a legitimate question. Part number on my cover is 34805-52 I think this is pre 1965. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
            Ran

Comment

Ran, I was not impyling you were up to no good, just pointing out a noticable difference. Sorry for my poor choice of wording. The late sixties covers will have the 52 casting number as well. If you look closely at the screw tapers on the 65 and later cover, the vent screw taper is different. Earlier covers use the same taper for all screws. If you use the correct screws for your 58 in the later cover the taper mismatch will easily cause cracks to the outside edge of the cover, especially at the corners.
              Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
              X