Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Harley 45 parts

Hello fellas.

I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone might be able to lend a helping hand? I'm working on a 1937 454 solo and need some parts. So, here it goes,...(keep in mind, I'm looking to take the '37 back to a more original appearance).

- Front fender
    **(had heard I'd be looking for a 1934-39 front fender? Did they change after '39? Would this be correct?)

- 18" front rim (or complete front wheel for 45)
    - Early buddy seat (correct for the time frame)
    - NOS or good condition 45 front brake shoes
    - 45 solo timer stop
    - top head cone nut for I-beam front end

That's about it for now...

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by 1776J; 08-04-2009, 12:41 AM.
    "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

[QUOTE=1776J;82954]Hello fellas.

I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone might be able to lend a helping hand? I'm working on a 1937 454 solo and need some parts. So, here it goes,...(keep in mind, I'm looking to take the '37 back to a more original appearance).

[I][COLOR="Navy"]- Front fender
    **(had heard I'd be looking for a 1934-39 front fender? Did they change after '39? Would this be correct?)

You are correct. The fender changed when the fork changed in 1940.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post

You are correct. The fender changed when the fork changed in 1940.
      I knew I wasn't nuts!!!

I talked to a fellow (who will remain nameless) who kept insisting that they "did not change the design of the fender".... though he is also a V-Twin dealer, has an abundance of their general 45 front fenders for sale too.
      That's what threw me for a curve,... especially since this fellow has been in the business for many years and has an enormous collection,... you'd think he'd have just tell me I was correct, but he didn't have them??
      "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Some people have been eating soup for fourty years and don'y know the correct way to hold a spoon.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
          Some people have been eating soup for fourty years and don'y know the correct way to hold a spoon.
          Sounds like a few guys I work with,....

"I've been doing this for 30 years!".....

"yeah, 30 years doing things the hard way,....work smarter, not harder...."

Thanks for the confirmation on the fender Chris!

Comment

Also need 45 front backing plate

I find myself also in need of a good 45 front backing plate, and one 45 rocker (one of them on the front end I have is bent pretty bad, must have been in a crash?)

.... so add those to my list of needs.
            Last edited by 1776J; 08-06-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Well, I've found my front wheel, and front brake assembly. Also found my buddy seat.

However, I still need one 45 rocker,...heck I'll buy a set off of ya if ya got 'em! I need this to finish the front end! Also need a 45 timer stop. Heard from several guys who "have the parts",... but never heard back after I asked about photos and asking prices??

Thanks in advance guys!

Comment

how about this? you pm me your address and i'll send you a pair of 45 rockers and a timer stop. it's too much problem taking pictures. if you like em send me what you think they are worth. if you don't like em keep em anyway. that's the best i can do

Comment

Pm sent.... much thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X