X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shovelhead Circuit Breaker Wanted 74585-65

One of these for my 65 Pan project:

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...1&d=1228626896

One of the kits or just the breaker, original OEM/NOS please if you have one to spare and would like to sell let me know! If you have the breaker only (74586-65) I'd be interested as well. NOS Parts in Netherlands is still listing one, but they aren't responding to email queries on whether it's still available and if it's original/OEM.

Intererstingly my '65 had the starter relay retrofit installed but not the breaker.

Here's a recent thread on the topic:

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...ircuit+breaker
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Oh, c'mon - nobody? Are these kits/part that rare? Still looking if you have one!! Getting close to project completion. Bill's only has after market. NOS Parts (Netherlands) never returned my many emails either. Still have it listed.

If I can't find one, perhaps use an early (70's) sportster or shovel version ( and replace the wiring) then - but would really like to have an original kit. Give me a call or PM if you have a 74585-65 or 74586-65. 6102124603

Heck -$150 if you have a 74585-65 (kit) in factory pack. What do I have to do to shake one of these loose?

Last edited by rbenash; 01-26-2010, 09:35 AM.
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Comment

Circuit Breaker

have one NOS and a few used the NOS has one black wire and one red one
      coated in ruber wires come out north and south dont have the package
      looks like black goes to battery red to regulator let me know????
      what is your phone#

Comment

Originally posted by flathead tom View Post
        what is your phone#
        Tom you say leads North and South. Does it look like this one?

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...1&d=1228626896

You have a PM
        Last edited by rbenash; 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM.
        Ray
        AMCA #7140

Comment

Tom - u still there? Can anyone find Tom?

I tried the PM route, in case you're not checking that here's my cell:

direct email:

rbenash@verizon.et

Usually don't like to do that, but want to get this restoration of my dad's old '65 FLH done!
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by rbenash View Post
            Usually don't like to do that, but want to get this restoration of my dad's old '65 FLH done!
            Tom,
            Restoring it is bringing it back to the condition it left the factory in. Did it leave the factory with that kit installed or was that a Shop Dope item?
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

A '65 didn't leave the factory with one to the best of my knowledge. Or with a starter relay. But around late 65 and def in 66 they either came with them or got a kit installed due to the fire problem or as say a '65 came into the shop. At least that's how I understand it.

Mine has a HD original starter relay kit/retrofit on it. That's definitely going back on.

I'm definitely not going to leave a breaker off of mine. Going to run the bike and will have too much into it to take a risk. So if I put a breaker in (which I am) I'd rather it be an original that would have been installed in the shop as a fix.

If I have to take points hits for safety items like this it's worth it IMHO. Not going to be a trailer queen. And definitely not going to risk a fire/other damage.

In my original post is a url pointing to the PDF of the service bulletin from 1/66 that Perry posted on another thread on the topic. Pretty sure there's one for the starter relay too, but don't have a copy of that one. I beleive that bulletin came out earlier (in '65). If anyone has the bulleting it would be cool to have a copy.

So - I realize there's an issue with these mods perhaps not being 1965 factory original for a '65 pan restoration - but I guess that's where I break away and never get to winners circle. At least they will be factory original mods that would have been done on a runner '65. To me these are safety items that I shouldn't have to take a hit on, but hey the rules are the rules, I'll just have to go wit the flow.
              Last edited by rbenash; 01-29-2010, 05:08 AM.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

I guess they could be considered period accessories?
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Yeah Chris that's what I'm hoping or would think. Same thing as a windshield for example?
                  Guess I'll find out.
                  Ray
                  AMCA #7140

Comment

Sorry - rbenash@verizon.net.

Good talking to you today!
                    Last edited by rbenash; 01-29-2010, 08:44 PM.
                    Ray
                    AMCA #7140

Comment

Still waiting to hear back from Tom - he may have a used one in that parts can in the shop.

In the meantime - anyone know Jan Willem Boon?

Netherlands NOS Parts guy, has one listed but doesn't ship to the US. Maybe someone here is from NE and would check that it's NOS and pick it up and ship it to me?

http://www.jwboon.com/

Plug in 74586-65 in the search field...

Jan Willem Boon
                      Meppelerweg 3
                      7963 RV Ruinen
                      The Netherlands
                      Tel: +31 (0)522 471177
                      Fax: +31 (0)522 473433
                      E-mail: jw@jwboon.nl
                      KvK: 04049435
                      Ray
                      AMCA #7140

Comment

Hey Tom - are you still out there?? Wondering if you found that breaker for me. The ones that have the red and black running "north/south" aligned with the bracket are Shovel or 74586-70 based on the photo (attached).

Originally posted by flathead tom View Post
                        what is your phone#
                        Attached Files
                        Ray
                        AMCA #7140

Comment

So it was actually Jeff not Tom. He's got his used one on the way to me.

Thanks Tom

I also have a couple of the later versions now too. So I should be good to go.
                          Ray
                          AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
                          X