Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn sig "pilot" lights and tappet blocks - 65 FLH

Hi...

Hi, I particularly need the turn signal indicator lights (the parts catalog calls them "pilot lights") for the rider side of the headlamp nacelle for a 65 FLH.

Also looking for NOS or excellent condition used tappet blocks.

Any help appreciated!
    Ride it like you can fix it!

On the pilot lamp, do you need the whole thing or just the lens? If just the lens I can put you in touch with a guy who has all colors. Lloyd cfcs@cinci.rr.com
    Last edited by Lloyd; 06-18-2009, 04:52 AM.

Comment

The previous owner had lights installed, but the lenses were not at all like stock, and judging from photos of other machines, the body of the fixture itself may have been too big.

Bottom line, I probably need to get hold of a set of the real thing, but if I can get my hands on a stock type lens, at least I'd know if it fits.

Thanks!

Comment

Why do you need new tappet blocks? If they are worn oversized cam followers are available and your old blocks can he honed to size.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Each of mine has a corner broken off where the mounting screw goes, so only three of the four screws will actually hold it.

Also, one had a crack in the top.

If you know somebody who could fix something like that, please let me know. The guy who's doing my bottom end declined to try to repair them, but I would like to eventually get them fixed up and put back on the bike if that's possible.

We both about had a stroke when we opened it up and found nearly new JIMs tappets serving the exhaust ports, and tired OEM tappets on the intake side of each cylinder, plus the broken tappet blocks. Yet another of the many oddities I'm finding as I go through this thing.
          Last edited by JSB55; 06-18-2009, 11:12 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Scratch the "pilot lights" for the turn signals. Got 'em from Bill's. OEM part, too.

Comment

Working...
            X