T3 12v headlamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T3 12v headlamps

I need several T3 12v motorcycle headlamps for some 65 Pan restores I am doing. Anybody that has one for sale or knows where they live is appreciated.

Thanks!
    George and Kyle Marakas
    K & G Cycles

t3 headlight

Originally posted by gmarakas View Post
    I need several T3 12v motorcycle headlamps for some 65 Pan restores I am doing. Anybody that has one for sale or knows where they live is appreciated.

Thanks!
    have 1 but it is not a motorcycle if you are interested will give you a deal

Comment

Originally posted by flathead tom View Post
      have 1 but it is not a motorcycle if you are interested will give you a deal
      Tom,
      The T 3 sealed beams he is looking for say MOTORCYCLE in the middle.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

T3 12v bulbs

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I had a problem with my account that kevin straightened out for me. So, now I'm back.

I really appreciate the offer but Chris is correct. I need the rough-duty Guide bulbs that have the word 'Motorcycle' under the triangle. The problem with finding these is they were only made for a limited run and being a service item, they go bad and get thrown away. The automotive T3s are readily available in the aftermarket since they were used on late 50s and early 60s Corvettes.

I am discussing with Kevin whether to consider this service item under the best available category. The company that manufactures the Guide bulbs and pays the royalty to what's left of Guide told me there is no manufacturer for these bulbs and to set up an aftermarket run would cost around $100K for 3600 bulbs. There is also reason to believe that H-D began using several different 12v sealed beams during this period so the total number of bulbs manufactured in 12v may be quite low.

I have been invited to the Archives to research my book on the 65 Pan and some early photos I have received from Bill Jackson of exemplars are all using a sealed beam other than a T3. I cannot ascertain what the patternis from the photos but I'll get to the bottom of it when I get to Milwaukee.

In any event, I am going to continue to look until I have reason to believe the search is fruitless. The mere fact that I have received only one response from someone who has the bulb suggests they are a rare item indeed.

Thanks again for the offer. If I find a box full, I'll let everyone know the coordinates ;-)

Cheers, George
        George and Kyle Marakas
        K & G Cycles

Comment

t 3 motorcycle

the original t-3 mc bulbs still in my 65 along with a spare i picked up

Comment

T3 12v

Your a lucky guy. I have one T3 MC in my original paint 65. The other three did not come with T3s and I am having a lot of trouble finding replacements.

The guy from guide told me they were manufactured for rough duty but they only lasted about 100 hours or so as a result. I'm not going to test that claim on my bulb ;-)http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...lies/smile.gif
            George and Kyle Marakas
            K & G Cycles

Comment

T-3 sealed unit Motorcycle

have several (less than a case) 67717-64 sealed unit NOS in the box---T-3 motorcycle
              L 4458 12v---what is the value of this item?--- reply to qzsggm@yahoo.com or to forum---
              QZ\'s

Comment

Working...
              X