Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted Late 47 Harley Frame or 42 Knucklehead cases.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Late 47 Harley Frame or 42 Knucklehead cases.

I have a nice1942-45 Knucklehead or Flathead frame. Also have a nice set of 47FL cases with a title. I would like to trade the frame for a late 47 Big Twin frame or trade the 47FL cases for a set of good 42 Knucklehead cases. I'm just trying to build a correct bike. Thanks

There’s a 1942 engine (in pieces) on eBay. Not sure if he’ll separate but might be worth a shot

Comment

Originally posted by Jdiesel25 View Post
      There’s a 1942 engine (in pieces) on eBay. Not sure if he’ll separate but might be worth a shot
      What’s the ebay item number for the alleged ‘1942’ engine? Is it 235714208027?
      Eric

Comment

Yes, that’s the item number

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23571420802...3Avlp_homepage

Comment

I'm not sure I'm sold on that engine number stamping....
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

In the SN the 4 looks like it has an open top. Why isn’t the top closed?
              Notice the 1 has its top serif at about forty-five degrees. Why isn’t the top serif horizontal?
              Et cetera.

In the left BN the sequence 2s do not look consistent with factory stamping. Compare them with the sequence 2s in the R-H BN, especially their upper half.
              Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Speeding Big Twin View Post
                In the SN the 4 looks like it has an open top. Why isn’t the top closed?
                Notice the 1 has its top serif at about forty-five degrees. Why isn’t the top serif horizontal?
                Et cetera.

In the left BN the sequence 2s do not look consistent with factory stamping. Compare them with the sequence 2s in the R-H BN, especially their upper half.
                Eric
                1942 FL VIN.JPG
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The same seller has had a couple of 36 engines on eBay for a long time also

Comment

Thanks Robbie. I’ve seen your SN a few times before and all its characters appear consistent with factory stamping for a 42 Knuckle.
                    In an authentic-looking H-D SN the earliest I’ve seen an open-top 4 was for the 42XA but other 1942 models had a closed 4 like yours.
                    In authentic Knucklehead SNs the earliest I’ve seen an open-top 4 is about mid/later-43. But even then they are a bit different to the 4 in that ebay SN.

Re your 1s, as well as them having a horizontal top serif, notice the serif at the base looks longer than the base serif on the 1 in the ebay SN.
                    Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Jdiesel25 View Post
                      The same seller has had a couple of 36 engines on eBay for a long time also
                      I’ve seen several engines of one year or another advertised by him over the years. Sometimes the numbers are good and sometimes they are not. Buyer beware.
                      Eric

Comment

Working...
                      X