Looking for a 1941-1951 Harley 45 frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 1941-1951 Harley 45 frame

Wanted 1941-1951 Harley 45 3 bolt frame for Bobber project.

Thanks, Dave

Good Luck Dave ! Have you seen what those are going for these days ??? Got mine about 5 years ago for $900. Haven't seen any lately for under $1,500 or so. I'll keep an eye out for one, about how much are you into one for ? Have you ever checked with Steve LeMay @ Resurrection Cycles in Moneta VA.? I've seen him sell them at the AMCA meets for around 2K. Twister the Fitter/Tim

Comment

There are structural differences, the solo frame was strengthened several times during its life. Be especially wary of cracks where the transmission cradle joins the seat post tube.
      If there is no price advantage I would buy the newest I could find.
      have some examples here: http://victorylibrary.com/tech/solo.htm
      The Linkert Book

Comment

An old friend of mine died back in June from lung cancer. He had an independent HD shop for 20 years. I am tasked with the clean out of the shop and found a bunch of 45 parts. 1 almost complete engine, need a rear cylinder, 1 set of engine cases, a 3 bolt trans, front end, front wheel, handlebars, 2 sets of tanks, and lots of other parts. I am just getting started, so I figured I would start looking for a frame. Just want to build a Bobber to make use of the parts.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

What better way to give a friends memory and old parts the attention they deserve. Good on you. Sorry, no frame here but I'm hopin ya find one and maybe share the build with all of us. Smitty

Comment

There are also '52s...I
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the information Robbie. I am willing to use what ever will work. This will never be a points bike.

Dave

Comment

I found a frame in California.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Working...
                X