Looking for Kelsey hayes 16" rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Kelsey hayes 16" rim

I am in need of a 16" drop center rim for my 65 fly, looking for one with decent chrome thanks

Where will it be shipped to? If you don't mind me asking. Just a "rim"? No hub or spokes?

Tony

Comment

I just need the rim, I have a good hub and spokes. I live in Harrisburg Pa. The bike was in pristine condition till a car pulled out in front of me last week. I am looking for one with decent chrome that I can buff out so it will look right on the bike after it's painted. The bike has to be repainted

Comment

I'll see what's up in the top of the garage tomorrow.

Comment

Still looking. I found a couple "French & Hecht" rims. Bruce Palmer's book (2nd ed. page 193?) states they made rims for Harley production after 61 or 62. They have a Harley part #43006-62 on them. I can post a picture of them. Most of the other rims I have are complete wheels with a lot of them having tires still mounted.

Comment

Thanks for checking for me. I would appreciate it if you could post or PM me a picture of the best looking one, I have one now but it would need to be replated to match the bike. I am looking for one that will clean up nice with jeweler's rouge on my buffer. I remember that name from palmer's, also Firestone. Thanks again-Terry

Comment

I will get some pics posted for you.

Tony

Comment

DSCN5645.jpgDSCN5644.jpgDSCN5646.jpgDSCN5647.jpg

Best one I have without tearing down some wheels.

PM
                Tony

Comment

Terry,

I sent you a PM.

Tony

Comment

Rim worked out well replated, blasted painted rebuilt the hub, new cad plated spokes and trued to .005"
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X