1958 Panhead rear cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Panhead rear cylinder head

I am looking for a 58 rear cylinder head in good condition. If you have a front and rear set that you do not want to separate I would consider buying the set. Any suggestions or info on my search is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I forgot to ask what the correct casting number would be for a 58 rear head would be.

Comment

1958 would be the first year of the -58 head which is also the first year for the casting number to be under the pan valve cover in stead of under the head by the pushrod holes.

Jerry

Originally posted by RobertWeigand View Post
      I forgot to ask what the correct casting number would be for a 58 rear head would be.

Comment

6475mp.JPG Pretty sure it will have the -56 casting code. This particular hear is a '59 due to the date plate. I believe the style of head you need is from '56 thru '59, I think the fins changed again in '60 back to 3 fins beside the spark plug. This '59 head has 2 fins with 7 total.
        Last edited by BigLakeBob; 02-17-2020, 04:58 AM.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Yep Bob is right - it would have a -56 number. Jerry

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]27410[/ATTACH] Pretty sure it will have the -56 casting code. This particular hear is a '59 due to the date plate. I believe the style of head you need is from '56 thru '59, I think the fins changed again in '60 back to 3 fins beside the spark plug. This '59 head has 2 fins with 7 total.

Comment

Thanks for you info, I've been searching around on ebay and other sites and only came up with a few listings but they didn't have casting numbers that looked correct for what was being advertised.

Comment

Working...
            X