Wanted 1969 Servi Car Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 1969 Servi Car Parts

I am looking for almost any 1969 Servi Car parts. Let me know if you have anything you want to sell.

any thing that is more important?

Comment

Originally posted by jug View Post
      any thing that is more important?
      This is a long term project. I bought it a couple of years ago as an incomplete basket case. The wheels and rear end are from earlier models. The motor is a 1941 WLA. I am looking for anything that is correct for a 1969 model. Would like to find a 1969 motor or cases. Correct rear end and wheels for starters.

Comment

Just out of curiosity...what makes you think that it's a 1969 if it has a lot of earlier components? I thought they only had the mfg .date and VIN number attached after 1970 MY. Could it possibly be a much earlier machine that has had a front end and engine swap? Just for my own knowledge, the more ways that I can use to verify the age of a certain machine, the better! Do tell please. Thanks, Smitty

Comment

There is a part number and a forging die number cast on the left side of the neck.
          IMG_3192.jpg
          In Bruce Palmer's book How to Restore Your Harley-Davidson Second Edition there is a chart in it that has the years for the forging die numbers.
          IMG_3272.JPG
          With a part number 47593-37 and forging die number 20 cast in to the neck makes the frame a 1969 or 1970. In 1970 they started stamping VIN numbers on the frame. Since there is not a VIN number on the frame it has to be a 1969.

Comment

Thank you sir. As of today I am more educated and that is a good thing. Good luck with your project. Thanks, Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
              Thank you sir. As of today I am more educated and that is a good thing. Good luck with your project. Thanks, Smitty
              I just learned this myself not long ago.

Comment

Working...
              X