Want to buy Side Car for late 90's-2007 FLHTCUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy Side Car for late 90's-2007 FLHTCUI

Hello I would like to buy a complete car assembly for my 2004 Ultra. Color scheme not an issue. I am in NE Florida but travel the north south corridor to Michigan. I have cash or complete running HD's that could be in a trade deal. Send contact info on what you have. Thanks TomL

AMCA= "ANTIQUE" Motorcycle Club of America.

Comment

Tom, message dustydog. He has a customer's 5 speed car in his shop that will not fit on the customer's 4 speed Shovelhead. His customer may sell it to get the correct car??

Comment

Guess I should have said for my 1992 FLH then I would have been "antique". I did not think asking for any bike part old or not so old would cause objections. TomL

Comment

Never meant it as an objection. Just saying it might not be the best place to find what you are looking for??? I think there are Sidecar Forums out there that probably would get you better results. Good Luck! 46EL

Comment

46EL, my thinking is the AMCA "Family" would be a good place to start looking and like many I have more than one kind of riding interest which covers many years/makes/models and the possibility of another member having knowledge of the whereabouts motorcycle parts/accessories it stacking the deck in my favor plus other benefits like getting acquainted with members as opposed to just chatting/reading posts here. Thanks for your reply stating your position. TomL

Comment

Sorry about spelling/omissions of words but if I take to long at writing the site forum won't allow the post so I get in a hurry and do not proof read. Later. TomL

Comment

tom, I see no issues with starting here first. many of us have many bikes of all years. I found mine for my 99' at jims harley Davidson in mendon,oh. he may have one. he is always coming up with new and old stuff. he has been a dealer for 54 years. some of you other guys need to try to help instead of criticizing. have a great holiday everyone and remember what all our vets did for all of us.

Comment

Hennigan62, Thanks for the tip. I used to see Jim at the Detroit Swap meets back in the 80-90-early 2000,s and I went to his shop and bought decals for a my 1971 FX restoration around 02 I think. The small problem I have seen since starting my search is most cars are still attached to the bike and the seller will not separate. That is understandable too, the search is on going for now.

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post
                    Hennigan62, Thanks for the tip. I used to see Jim at the Detroit Swap meets back in the 80-90-early 2000,s and I went to his shop and bought decals for a my 1971 FX restoration around 02 I think. The small problem I have seen since starting my search is most cars are still attached to the bike and the seller will not separate. That is understandable too, the search is on going for now.
                    Jim and Mary get side cars without a bike quite a lot. That was my case. I had the 99’ and purchased side car only. They installed and I did painting myself. Was up there early this spring getting some parts. And he had one then. He’s always getting inventory. Good luck. You go to Wauseon ?

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post
                      Sorry about spelling/omissions of words but if I take to long at writing the site forum won't allow the post so I get in a hurry and do not proof read. Later. TomL
                      Tom, if you have a long, or complex post that requires time to write, you can write it in Word, and then copy it, and paste it here. You can also imbed pictures from a hosting site into your text, copy the whole mess, and post it here. That works great if you're dong a build thread, or trying to explain something. BTW; I hope you find a sidecar.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Hennigan62, I will be up in Michigan this summer and myself and a friend are talking about Wauseon, it will be my first time plus I would like to take in the AMA Vintage days too. We'll see! Jim is still running his and Marys' business, I thought they would be retired by now. It might be a good idea to set my north bound route to go to their shop then. Later. TomL

Comment

Eric, thanks for the advice/tip but I will get along as that copy/paste stuff is something I have not mastered. Thanks on the sidecar, the one thing going for me that matters is I am in no particular hurry! Later. TomL

Comment

You may want to get a hold of Jim sooner than later, the rumor mill is stating that he is getting reading divorce Harley with the dealership and slow way down, but may still work on bikes in his shop. I also heard he wants to find a home for his bike collection in his museum, but wants to sell the whole collection together.
                            I think Jim is now 83 and it will really a sad day when he calls it quits. He is a super nice fellow with a wealth of knowledge and parts. Mary is a pistol to say the least, my friends and I had run ins with her in my younger days and understand why as we got older. Jim always bent over backwards to help us and Mary would scold us for taking up his time. We all understand why now and it was very warranted.
                            They are great people and will find whatever you need in a short time. There has not been many items that Jim has not had in stock.

Comment

Ryan, I questioned Jims age but figured I would find out when I went North. Which means I will call ahead as planned. Thanks. TomL

Comment

Working...
                              X