Harley LE sidecar or parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley LE sidecar or parts

Want to but Harley LE sidecar or parts. 1936-77? Frame which attaches to rear swing arm and later fiberglass body. Thanks!

Still looking, thanks.

Comment

Sometimes on larger items it helps to mention just where you are located?
      USA? North, South? East? or West? International? What country?
      A lot of people don't want to get involved with shipping etc on the bigger stuff.
      I do know of a nice complete restored 58 Panhead sidecar with a steel body and all the mounts.
      It is located in southern New England and for what the seller wants
      for it you could never buy and unrestored one and totally redo it.
      Or even piece one together for the $5-6K he is asking I think??
      Especially with the shipping cost and larger items.
      You would have to talk with him about the price. 46EL
      Last edited by 46EL; 02-24-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks 46EL. I am located in north Alabama and would travel a day or so to pick one up. I need the later fiberglass body for a 1976 FL. My bike is original, so I had rather find a tub which is not in restored condition.

Comment

So forget about 36 to 57 as you are looking for a 58 and later juice brake sidecar chassis and mounts.
          I don't know enough about the later style Shovelhead fiberglass sidecars and if the chassis interchanged back to 1958 or not.
          Sorry I could not help. 46EL

Comment

From what I have read, the 1936-58 can be converted to hydralic brakes, so I am open to these years also. As long as the rear mount is at far rear and can be attached to tear Swingarm. 1978 or 79 and latter has different rear mount position which will not mount to my Swingarm. Thanks.

Comment

You would have to cut the mechanical brake cross over tube back on a 1957 and older sidecar frame or it interferes with the exhaust and swing arm.

Jerry

Originally posted by Buster View Post
              From what I have read, the 1936-58 can be converted to hydralic brakes, so I am open to these years also. As long as the rear mount is at far rear and can be attached to tear Swingarm. 1978 or 79 and latter has different rear mount position which will not mount to my Swingarm. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, I did no know that.

Comment

I have a 57LE frame converted to juice brake on my 58FLH I will be removing to sell each separately. I’ve had the MC for approximately 20yrs and added the sidecar in 2004. The Box is an L&M body and metal built very well. The sidecar is complete with interior and original HD lighting. I plan on separating the two this Spring. I’m not using my older kick start MCs much anymore. The sidecar is the one in my photo, The Hooter girls aren’t included. Lmk 610-823-5845 Merlin

Comment

I have a 1959 LEC chassis with fender I bought 45 years ago for my 1962 FL but I probably will never do anything with it and would sell it. It was bought new by a police dept. with no tub. They had a plywood box on it and only used it in the winter. PM me for pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Buster View Post
                      The 1979-1984, 4 speed frame sidecars, rear mount mounts to the rear foot peg bracket. These years of sidecar work on bikes from 1970-1984 without modifications. Just be sure you get a sidecar for a 4 speed bike because the sidecars for the 5 speed bikes are different.
                      Last edited by ryan; 03-09-2019, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X