1950 Saddlebag buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Saddlebag buckles

Does anyone have a lead or suggestion where I might find the saddlebag buckles for the 1950 bags? Here is a picture of the ones I require, Not the first two, just the style on the right (the 3rd one)

BUKLS.jpg

OR a nice set of correct bags would also be ok

Bob
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

The brass buckle to the right is a standard 121 buckle. You can get them very cheap at any leather supply house. Just make sure they are not brass coated steel. As s far as the rivets go that hold the buckle strap, please add a picture.
    Thanks

Comment

I beg to differ, I have looked up the 121 buckle (thank you for the number) but they are all much too rounded and not at all like the one in the photo. Here is a link to a solid brass one, you can see it has a ridge in the middle part, it does not have a place for the pin and its too round. https://www.shipshewanaharness.com/e...814&parent=424

If you find anything better I would be most appreciative, I have searched and searched and they are very elusive.
      Bob Beatty
      AMCA 19209

Comment

Originally posted by NiteOwl View Post
        I beg to differ, I have looked up the 121 buckle (thank you for the number) but they are all much too rounded and not at all like the one in the photo. Here is a link to a solid brass one, you can see it has a ridge in the middle part, it does not have a place for the pin and its too round. https://www.shipshewanaharness.com/e...814&parent=424

If you find anything better I would be most appreciative, I have searched and searched and they are very elusive.
        It is still a 121 buckle, I guarantee. Different manufacturers make them a little different. I looked at 3 of my suppliers and 2 of them are like what you have pictured in the original post, but one has tongue stays cast into it. So that leaves the last supplier which looked like the 121 you have pictured, which comes from Weaver Leather , which are made in china. I bet the original one was made by North and Judd, which has long went out of business, but I still have a good supplies of there products. You can also look on Ohio Travel bag and let me know what you find. Worst comes to worst, you either may have to change all buckles or have some cast, which is not costly at all. What size do you need?
        Ryan
        Last edited by ryan; 04-14-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X