• Show
Clear All

• wanted - Monroe front springer shock

needed for '47FL build. thanks.

wanted - Monroe front springer shock
    needed for '47FL build. thanks.

Comment

Hi dude.
      Try to find a serviceable original unit. They are not hard to find and go through eBay regularly.
      I used to have a couple of good units and I tested both of them when a mate wanted one for a project. I tested them with a set of scales that were used in grocer shops. It has a hook to weigh bags, fish etc. During the down stroke of both shock absorbers the scale registered 25 lb on one and 28 lb on the other. This was repeatable on 4 successive tests. I kept the 28 lb unit for the 1946 knuckle that I am restoring.
      The aftermarket units have incorrect valving and are so stiff, they rip the mounts off. Maybe that problem has been rectified and some other members can confirm or refute that.
      Regards Steve
      Steve Little
      Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
      Australia.
      AMCA member 1950

Comment

steve - thank you. haven't looked here in a few days and didn't have my settings set to notify me. in other words, missed your response. doing my best and keeping my eyes open! i know they can be fixed, just have to find one first!

anyone? anywhere?

Comment

Did you find a Monroe shock? I took one off my 41WLA. I will be at Wauseon and Davenport. Ken Brugioni, Tinley Park, Illinois, kbrugioni@aol.com

Comment

Working...
          X