Hunting Linkert M51/M51L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting Linkert M51/M51L

Greetings y'all. Anyone have a Linkert *M51 0r *M51L laying around that you'd like to part with? Thank You. *M.A.D.

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
    Greetings y'all. Anyone have a Linkert *M51 0r *M51L laying around that you'd like to part with? Thank You. *M.A.D.
    JoJo357!

I do not wheel and deal carbs, but please beware that not all M51s are the same.
    If your machine is pre-War vintage, it was produced with a body that shows four lines of script on the side, starting out "Langsenkamp and Linkert"
    If your machine is '40 or later, you want one with three lines of script, with "L&L Manufacturing" instead.

Although there may have been Historical exceptions, you really want to invest in the most "correct" hardware for your model.

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-02-2016, 09:52 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks T. Cotten. Michael Lange suggested the M51/M51L for my Board Track Build. I'm running a 1923 74'' JD Mill. I used a lot of carbs over the years, but it was in stock street application. Using some of these carbs for a race theme is a totally different animal. Any expertise on application and tuning would help take some of the guess work out of the already hectic Board Track Build. Thanks, *M.A.D. **P.s. The correct carb is the Schebler DLX 20--although a good all around carb, i'd much rather run a Manageable Linkert.

Comment

Well JoJo357,

Since you are building a 'wildcat' or a 'whatever', you needn't be choosy about the model of Linkert, as long as it hooks up to your manifold: Any 1¼" Model M can do, since the variety of internals nearly always need to be 'fitted' anyway.

You may even want to go beyond the conventional.

(The guts of a DLX20 could be 'enhanced' as well...)

....Cotten
        PS: So I guess I gotta ask: Do you expect to be 'competitive', or just run in a friendly manner?
        (Not many boardtracker races in my region since Davenport's era, and I sure miss the smell of castor oils!)
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-02-2016, 05:25 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks again T. Cotten. Didn't plan on spending the 'doe ray me' and then going Round-D-Round, or doing the poser thang'. The H.D.Board >>>> is a 1917-1924 clone with 95% original period parts assembled from that span. It 'will be' competitive at the Wauseon 1/2 mile and possibly Davenport. George is 'burned out' of Davenport, so a new promoter is in and will hopefully try to continue to make the Davenport 1/2 mile the premier event. Billy Lane*(Sons of Speed) is slated to run at 2017 Daytona Bike Week--this will be at the paved/banked New Smyrna 1/2 mile Speedway track, with 9 riders on pre-1925. Michael Lange expects possibly up to 20 Board Track Motorcycles to compete at the Wauseon AMCA Meet in 2017. Looks like 2017 will be a banner year for the Board Trackers. Get to 2017 Wauseon on Wednesday/Thursday T., and You can do a few laps via 'friendly manner'. I can also fire up the sPeEdWaY, and you can get your R 'Fix'--haha. C'ya. *M.A.D.
          Last edited by JoJo357; 11-04-2016, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X