Need 18" rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 18" rims

Looking for a pair of 18" rims for a '38 UL project. Need to be able to spoke them correctly to a stock stepped hub. The ones I thought I was going to use must be repop or later stock, as the holes on the brake side of the rim do not allow me to spoke the wheels correctly....Any help appreciated...Have cash or parts to trade

Stock original Big Twin Rims have the spoke holes at the 10 and 4 o'clock position around the tube stem hole looking down at that hole and not from the backside or tube side. A 45 Front rim is the opposite with the spoke holes at 2 and 8 o'clock and the angle of the spokes are different as they lace to the brake drum and not to a hub. Depending on exactly what you have and whether or not they are original HD Big Twin Rims that might be your problem. Someone made a batch of real nice repop rims a while back but they are not listed on that persons website anymore. Maybe someone else might know who currently makes rims? Originals in good straight salvageable condition are getting tough to find. 46EL

Comment

I have dismounted the tires and removed the spokes. Wanted to attach a couple pics of the spoke hoes around the tube nipple holes, and the hallmark on the inside of the rim, but I'm having trouble finding out how to attach photos. Maybe you could send me a private message and I could attach the pics to a reply.....

Comment

Working...
      X