X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 xa

wanted---tappet covers
    also wanted.....information on clutch push rod bearing assembly

According to Bill Rodencal at the Harley Museum, the first Serial # is 1,001. Others have said they only made 1,011 of these XA's. Our Serial # is 2,017. How can this be???

Comment

I am working on 2 XA's. One is #1006 and the other is #2018. #2018 was one of 5 used by the Canadian army and never saw active service. 1000 were apparently made for the US army but more were made to fill other orders. Tom Wilcock

Comment

what color were the ones that went to Canada, how are finding parts that don't break the bank,

Comment

The Canadian XA's were the standard olive drab as far as I know. Any old photos are black and white so it is hard to tell. Parts do show up occasionally at the swap meets and Ebay. Tom Wilcock

Comment

thanks let me know if u find to many parts

Comment

Our XA has the throttle on the right hand side. Does anyone know why that would be? Anyone know of an air cleaner for sale for the XA??

Comment

Because it would be quite difficult operating the clutch and throttle with the left hand only. Let us see some photos of your project!
                Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
                Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment

The military style XA's had the throttle on the left and ours has it on the right.... According to what I've read, it was on the left so that you could grab the rifle.

Comment

We don't know how to resize our photos. It says photo is too large.

Comment

does your xa have sealbeam headlight or bulb.mine has bulb the books show seal beam don't know if lite has been changed

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wilcock View Post
                        I am working on 2 XA's. One is #1006 and the other is #2018. #2018 was one of 5 used by the Canadian army and never saw active service. 1000 were apparently made for the US army but more were made to fill other orders. Tom Wilcock
                        do your xa have sealbeam head lights mine has a bulc book shows seal beam

Comment

Originally posted by softailsue View Post
                          do your xa have sealbeam head lights mine has a bulc book shows seal beam
                          do know or have extra parts need clutch trust bearing and races

Comment

42XA

I have only 1 headlamp. It is sealed beam. I believe it is the same one as used on a Dodge military truck. I don't have any extra clutch parts. Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X