Please Help!! Looking for a specific 1946 Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!! Looking for a specific 1946 Harley

I am in need of help finding a specific 1946 Harley Davidson. It would have been sold by my father in 1984/1985 in the Pleasant Hill, Mo area. A little small town south of Kansas City. I have the VIN number and have contacted BMVs in several surrounding states and can not locate it anywhere. We figure it is either in some one's collection or barn and is not plated or was wrecked and gone. Any assistance you can give me would be, beyond words, appreciated. It was Black with tons of chrome.

Background: When I was younger my father got laid off from his job when the GM plant in Kansas City closed. He was lucky enough to travel and find work in skilled trades around the Midwest. At the time he had this one and another Harley that he used to show before he had to start traveling. We still have pictures of my brother and I on the bikes and trophies from those shows. Unfortunately, the search to find work in the Kansas City area took a long time. He had to sell both of them to help with the family while he traveled. We know that the other motorcycle was lost in a garage fire about two years after he sold it. This one we have been searching for years and can not find.
    Now that my brother and I are grown and have families of our own. He has sacrificed so much to help and support the family all these years. We would love to give him something special, and find this would be it! We agree this is like a needle in a hay stack, but we have to try.

Please contact me if you have any information or know where I might look to find this specific motorcycle. Even if you can provide places or ways I should search. I can provide more information upon request. I just do not feel comfortable posting it on this big of a forum. Thank You!

Bike.jpg46_HD.jpg

Here are some pictures of the bike.

Comment

Working...
    X